March 28, 2024, 11:06:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SparkLE Audio Glitches During Metronome Playback and Recording  (Read 1886 times)

Sentrallya

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hello everyone,

I've come across a strange issue with audio in SparkLE.  If I'm practicing a particular beat with playback running the metronome or during general recording, audio on all pads will begin to become high pitch bell sounds or have strange sustains and releases.  FX seem to be on and off as well.  Even if I manually enter steps into the sequencer, I get the same results.

Anyone have any clue what the issue could be?  I've tried adjusting buffer size and had zero success.  I'm on a Mac Pro with OSX 10.7.5.  2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon.  10 GB RAM.

Thanks to anyone that can lend a hand.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: SparkLE Audio Glitches During Metronome Playback and Recording
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:44:33 am »
Hi,
what sample rate are you using?
Are you using Spark standalone or in a DAW?

Can you send me an audio example?

Thanks in advance
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Sentrallya

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 04:36:20 am »
I was away for quite some time and I'm finally able to get back to this taking care of this issue...

This audio glitch I'm getting is happening both in standalone and as a VST plugin.  Using 44100 Hz sample rate and 512 buffer.  I've adjusted both several ways and nothing clears the issue.  I'll try to get an audio sample uploaded.  I even tried the same project/kit over on my MacBook Pro and I'm getting the same exact results.  That makes me wonder if it's my actual SparkLE hardware.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 09:07:52 am »
Hi,
I really don't think it comes form the hardware.
The audio is fully processed by the plugin and the controller only sends/receives MIDI data.
you can confirm this by unplugging it and try to reproduce the issue.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Sentrallya

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 01:57:29 pm »
I'm currently on vacation and brought my MacBook rig with me... I updated to the Mountain Lion OSX overnight and it seems to have resolved the issue.  I will update my Mac tower when I return home and see if it resolves the issue there.  Thanks for all your help, Kevin.  You do amazing work on the forums.

One last question... I'd like to update the controller firmware.  Where can that file be found?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines