March 19, 2024, 02:38:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Feature Request: Importing Samples & Browsing  (Read 1817 times)

mattplay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Feature Request: Importing Samples & Browsing
« on: August 13, 2013, 07:25:36 pm »
I would like to see new possible ways to import samples on a future update.

Specifically, I would like to be able to add samples to the library without the need of saving them to a project.

To enhance my workflow, I would like to sift thru all of my sample disks and pick my favorite/useable samples. Then I'd like to be able to batch import the samples into a selectable instrument type. Then I'd like all those samples to be instantly available via browsing from the hardware on all future sessions. This work upfront would save from diving in the finder on all future sessions.

Plus, while browsing from the hardware, I hope to see the browsing returned to the hardware display. This seems to have been lost since 1.7

Thanks Arturia for the great products!

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Feature Request: Importing Samples & Browsing
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 08:51:42 am »
Hi,
maybe I am wrong but I think you can do that with the disk browser.
Can you correct me if I missed something?

Concerning the screen feedback, it should come back in the (near) future.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

mattplay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 12:12:56 am »
Hi Kevin, thanks for your response.

I looked into it. I tried loading a Bass Drum sample into a project, named it accordingly, then changed projects (without saving), then browsed into Bass Drums and the file is not there. Let me know if I am missing something but you don't get the option to add the file to the library until you save that project.

It would be a nice new feature of the disk browser to be able to just import directly to the library. We could highlight a file (or files), then click "Import to Spark Library", which then could prompt to select the filters for the file/files... and then it would copy the files into the library and then next time searching thru instruments, all imported samples will also be available to demo.

I tend to layer samples and synthesized (tuned) instruments. I usually take up 2 pads for a kick.. using a sample for the punchy snap with the lows cut layered with a synthesized kick for the low boom, tuned with highs cut.

The browser could also use the option to edit the files directly... like name, filters, etc... without having to load and save the project.

Thanks for listening to our ideas  :)

mattplay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 07:03:36 am »
Also noticing that the browser volume is resetting each time the browser is re-opened. So the volume has to be adjusted each time as well as disabling/enabling filters.

Would be cool if while in browser mode [select + volume] controlled the 'auto preview' volume

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 07:55:26 am »
Hi,
I think there is some misunderstanding.
If you use the disk browser (see screenshot), you can directly browse your hard drive, your samples and load them to your instrument.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

mattplay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 03:01:17 am »
I understand the disk part in the new browser.

I guess my feature request was more geared toward the previous way of browsing (before 1.7)... When we had feedback on the display. My goal was to all at once import my favorite kicks, snares, etc to the Spark library. So when browsing on the controller, looking at the controller screen, when browsing used to default to the selected instrument type, all of the samples would be found there.

I had a look today at the order of which Spark actually organizes the library files... It is completely by projects... So I see that this request would be more difficult to fulfill.

My whole goal is that when I have kick selected, I choose to browse, I am presented by default a list of all of Spark's library kicks, all my samples would be there without having to first save them in a project. I will just need to exit the Spark kicks library and browse to disk. However if I ever save a sample in a project, later it will appear as part of the library when browsing that instrument type... I'll live and still make music :) Thx!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines