March 29, 2024, 08:25:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CRASHING ABLETON LOTS  (Read 3237 times)

scrattyrat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
CRASHING ABLETON LOTS
« on: August 08, 2013, 10:01:43 pm »
version 1.7 is crashing Ableton 8.4.1 repeatedly!!

It crashes ableton when i load the Spark VST 1.7 and it tries to connect to the controller every time i try to start a new studio session (I have tried loading the VST first and connecting the controller and also the other way round). It seems ok after i reload ableton and try a second time, but then crashes during general use frequently. The other night i lost a couple hours work due to this.

Also crashes trying to create a new project.

Very annoying!! Does anyone even test this s**t before it gets released?! wtf :-(

kcearl

Re: CRASHING ABLETON LOTS
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 11:15:00 pm »
Well i tested it on that version of Live 8 and Live 9 and its totally solid for me...with 1.7 ive not had one crash and Im using it in several projects.

Are you 64 or 32bit?

scrattyrat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 11:27:43 pm »
On the first page of this forum there are 3 threads alone about 1.7 causing crashes in different DAWs and 1 about it causing freezing.

Ive attached 2 crash reports from just this evenings session (one from opening the spark vst and trying to connect spark controller, and another from trying to create a new project from within the VST) if you are a tester for Arturia and want to look into the issue.

I am using Mac OSX 10.8.4.

I did not experience any crashes with spark 1.6.

It also seems very buggy when dragging to export midi patterns from the VST. I have just lost yet ANOTHER evenings work as after i dragged out the first MIDI track from the sequencer in the VST, the VST DELETED all the notes from the other tracks with no request to confirm. (see my other post).

Dont suppose you know a function to undo any actions in the VST? The hardware undo has no effect on it and i would really like to recover the pattern i was working on....

scrattyrat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 11:30:31 pm »
Someone has replied to my other thread about losing midi data when dragging to export from the VST so it seems others are seeing the same issue.

kcearl

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 11:46:14 pm »
On the first page of this forum there are 3 threads alone about 1.7 causing crashes in different DAWs and 1 about it causing freezing.

Ive attached 2 crash reports from just this evenings session (one from opening the spark vst and trying to connect spark controller, and another from trying to create a new project from within the VST) if you are a tester for Arturia and want to look into the issue.

I am using Mac OSX 10.8.4.

I did not experience any crashes with spark 1.6.

It also seems very buggy when dragging to export midi patterns from the VST. I have just lost yet ANOTHER evenings work as after i dragged out the first MIDI track from the sequencer in the VST, the VST DELETED all the notes from the other tracks with no request to confirm. (see my other post).

Dont suppose you know a function to undo any actions in the VST? The hardware undo has no effect on it and i would really like to recover the pattern i was working on....

I think the problem with Studio One is in the 64bit version...it works fine in 32bit

What version of Ableton are you using?

scrattyrat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 11:48:24 pm »
Suite 8.4.1

kcearl

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 11:51:21 pm »
Suite 8.4.1

Yes, 64bit or 32?

Im thinking there might be a problem with 64bit, Macs users especially seem to be having problems...

scrattyrat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 11:52:56 pm »
Where can you check that? It doesn't say in 'about ableton' or in prefs

scrattyrat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 11:59:20 pm »
looks like 32 bit. i googled how to check and it says only way on mac to check is to look in activity monitor at running apps.

apps are listed as kind 'intel (64 bit)', or just as kind 'intel'. Live is listed as Kind 'intel'

kcearl

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 12:04:07 am »
Well it might not be that then...i have an imac here i could install Live on but its snow leopard...ive heard bad things about mountain lion and some music applications

I hope they can sort this out for you, like i said its solid on the PC :(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines