March 19, 2024, 05:44:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Kit/Instrument Names not shown on Spark Display (1.7)  (Read 2368 times)

Johann

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Kit/Instrument Names not shown on Spark Display (1.7)
« on: August 08, 2013, 03:40:23 pm »
Since the new Version (1.7), when loading a Proj./Kit/Instr. their names aren't shown on the controllers display (Spark not LE)! This is vital for me, because I use Spark live without looking on my laptops Monitor.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 03:42:03 pm by Johann »

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
Re: Kit/Instrument Names not shown on Spark Display (1.7)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 11:18:16 am »
I've already wrote this on Feature Request, but +1 anyway :D

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 12:58:29 pm »
so is this a bug or a new workflow? i thought it was really strange as well, i like the old way of holding down the jog wheel to choose between instrument/project/kit and then cycling through...

i do use it in front of my laptop screen though so i didn't think too much of it, but yeah if you use it live then that's a huge mistake

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 03:52:42 pm »
so is this a bug or a new workflow? i thought it was really strange as well, i like the old way of holding down the jog wheel to choose between instrument/project/kit and then cycling through...

i do use it in front of my laptop screen though so i didn't think too much of it, but yeah if you use it live then that's a huge mistake
Very huge, I don't have much space on my lap to display full spark and 3-4 other windows.
I think this feature is missing because the new browser it's really faster then previous, and spark LCD is not so "fast" to display names quickly.
I really can't find any other reason to disable the LCD.

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 12:02:31 am »
i mean it's a nice menu and all, but i got good at cycling through kits

it should be an optional setting, not a mandatory updated "feature"

or at least, show up on the screen as you're cycling through AND have the new menu up...i mean, why wouldn't that be the case in the first place?

at least you can always downgrade to 1.6.1.1

mattplay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 06:57:35 pm »
+ 1 ...

I think the enhancement is that you can now disable/enable filters from the browse knob, but what I do not like is that the browser does not launch with my current instrument type filter enabled. I am having to choose to enable the bass drum filter to scroll thru bass drums.

I also don't like the fact that the browsing is not displayed on the hardware. This was one of the reasons I wanted spark in the first place. The problem now for me is that I run dual displays in my studio. I always run Spark in the right display, and the controller on my desk is nearest the right display. However, the browser does not support dual display... It always opens centered on the left display and doesn't remember anyplace I relocate it to. So now when I am browsing sounds, I have to go bird-mode with my neck.

While on the subject, I would like a batch sample import option, or just a way to directly import samples into the library. It would be nice to go thru my sample disks and import all of my favorite samples and attach them to an instrument type. It would be nice to do this once without having to add a sample to a project then save the project for the sample to be added to the library. I want to quickly import all my samples and be able to browse them while browsing instruments. I'll probably create a new thread for that.

Anyhow, there are some growing pains with this thing, but I am still in love with Arturia. I love V Collection...Those synths are in all my tracks! Plus, I think Spark is on it's way to being the drum solution I always dreamed of having... I'm, along for the ride and intend to be actively submitting thoughts as to hopefully help with the development of this great product.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:09:46 pm by mattplay »

Johann

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 08:50:21 am »
+ 1 ...

I think the enhancement is that you can now disable/enable filters from the browse knob, but what I do not like is that the browser does not launch with my current instrument type filter enabled. I am having to choose to enable the bass drum filter to scroll thru bass drums.

... that too! In previous versions the filter was always set to instrument types according to the selected Pad, wasnt it?

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 08:56:58 am »

I agree with you this is something that we have to fix.

I also don't like the fact that the browsing is not displayed on the hardware. This was one of the reasons I wanted spark in the first place. The problem now for me is that I run dual displays in my studio. I always run Spark in the right display, and the controller on my desk is nearest the right display. However, the browser does not support dual display... It always opens centered on the left display and doesn't remember anyplace I relocate it to. So now when I am browsing sounds, I have to go bird-mode with my neck.

I think we can quickly do something concerning the browser window not well placed.
Concerning the screen feedback it requires a bit more work.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

mattplay

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 11:42:35 pm »
Thanks much for acknowledging our requests Kevin!

For me the heads up display now on the computer screen is a nice option however I believe it is mainly geared toward LE users since the LE has no onboard display and LE needs that option.

For me, I am a fan of the original Spark. I like the extra real estate, knobs, and display and MIDI I/O option for controlling hardware. I would not like to always control vol/pan on the touchpad like necessary with LE. Plus, I work mainly at home, not on the go... I say this to stress my hopes that the software development always keeps the users of the original in mind as well, as I am sure LE sales may have been more successful. Maschine has the standard and mikro version (I know Maschine is a different beast) but my point is that I hope software and firmware development never leaves the original Spark and that both products continue to receive the same love. If anything I would only ever want to change to a Spark Mk2 hardware.

So hopefully on board browsing finds its way back to us. It should default to the current instrument type filter. The heads up browser display on cpu screen could be a preference.

Thanks again for the hard work and attention Arturia team  ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines