March 19, 2024, 08:06:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 61 Only Says "Update" After Power Up--Nothing Works  (Read 14568 times)

myramyd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Keylab 61 Only Says "Update" After Power Up--Nothing Works
« on: August 01, 2013, 04:28:47 am »
Hello,

I have also submitted a Support Ticket but, I'm not sure it went through as I haven't gotten confirmation nor does it show up on My Account screen. Here is my problem:

I just got the Keylab 61 today and got everything installed, registered, and working correctly. The Keylab was working well with Analog Lab but wouldn't get recognized by MIDI Control Center. I played around with it for a while and shut the Keylab off. My computer went to sleep. I came back later and switched the Keylab back on (with the computer still asleep) and after it starts up it only says "Update" on the screen and nothing works. Nothing is lit up. I tried restarting the computer (with the Keylab off) and also tried holding down both of the octave keys while powering up. Nothing works. It does still show up as a MIDI device in AudioMIDI setup (I'm on a Mac) but had shown up as Keylab 61 before this.

I'm not sure what to do at this point--I had hoped to use it for a gig I have this weekend! I guess it is stuck in Update mode somehow? Hopefully there is a fix for this?

Thanks,
J
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 04:52:03 am by myramyd »

myramyd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Keylab 61 Only Says "Update" After Power Up--Nothing Works
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 07:15:11 pm »
Just to follow up, I got a Support Ticket email this morning. Hopefully this can be resolved. If not, I do plan to exchange it for another one as I liked what I saw so far!

Also, FYI, the screen first says this before it goes to saying only "Update:"

AnalogExperience
Laboratory vence

J

myramyd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 06:44:17 pm »
So, it's now Monday and I posted this last Wednesday night. No response from Arturia Support, no responses here.  ???

I'm on the phone right now hoping to arrange a return. I am a little disappointed by the lack of communication and support to say the least. I buy a lot of music gear and had planned to upgrade to the V Collection but, I'm not so sure now. I guess I've been spoiled by the fantastic support I've received from other music instrument & software manufacturers.

I've always thought Arturia made fantastic sounding software but, I hope they can correct their support issues.

J

jmcecil

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 10:15:42 pm »
I am in the same boat, I'm trying to decide if I am going to return it or wait it out.  Spark proves that they might get round to stuff eventually.  I'm not sure I want to wait two years before this is usable.
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

rbocquier

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 07:10:29 pm »
Hi myramid,

If the screen says "Update", it means that's keyboard has entered firmware upgrade mode.
This could happen if either:
  • you press and hold at power up the three buttons "Sound", "Scene" and "Edit"
  • the firmware is corrupted

Please first manipulate the three buttons (just in case they are "stuck") and power up keyboard.

If this doesn't solve the problem, try to flash firmware once more as explained here http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/KeyLab61/resources.html (there is a detailed notice along the firmware files)
Robert
Arturia team

myramyd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 07:21:03 pm »
Okay,

I wasn't able to download the firmware before today since the link was not working on your site but, I was able to download the firmware just now.

I had tried holding down those three buttons while starting up several times before and it didn't change anything so, I will try installing this firmware and report back. I do suspect the firmware is corrupted so, perhaps reinstalling it will fix the issue. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Thanks for your help,
J

myramyd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 07:50:11 pm »
Okay,

I followed the instructions in the firmware update and it proceeded according to what is in the included PDF. When it was done it said "The burn process has completed without error."

Unfortunately it still just says "Update" when I power it up. I've tried holding down those 3 keys during start up, also holding down the two octave buttons. I know they aren't stuck since I can feel them clicking very firmly.

I was hoping this would work but, it's still the same as before.  :'(

Should I just send it in for an exchange at this point?
J
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:53:02 pm by myramyd »

George Ware

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 02:48:02 am »
Guys I was really scared to do this!
But I was finally able to download it from the web site.
I followed the instructions on the .pdf
I went from 1.18 to 1.24. ;D
WHEW!!!

George Ware

Adrien

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 10:05:28 am »
Great news.
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

theworldvsme@hotmail.com

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 08:25:42 am »
Hi there

greetings and well wishes.. i just bought a new keylab49 and have the same issue... i have been repeating the whole procedure of updating the whole of last night and was about to give up and return the keyboard back to the shop... same like wise... submitted my ticket... no reply yet.... i am glad to try this forum and saw your posting.... please advice what to do... as i tried but still no result... the procedure state that to press all 3 buttons together "sound" + "edit" + "mulit"... so we dont press them together and hold? like we press and hold them one by one? and do we hold them for the next 5 - 10 seconds? for my case.. once i power up the keyboard.. it only shows "update" on the LCD screen and Midi Controller says "keyboard not connected".. please advice... thanks n cheers

Mike

stilinline

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 11:08:09 pm »
HI,

I have the same problem since the beginning and I have KL61 for  15 days now. The least I can say is that Arturia'support is lacking ofefficiency. This is a real problem that a lot of us have to face and we get no strong and faithfull answer from Arturia. I have followed every step poposed and found around (and some from David@Arturia) with no success : it doesn't work and KL61ssoftware is buggy to say the least. Please guys at Arturia react and give us a solution. I and others are beginning to ask themselves if they aren't going to send back their unit now...to the store they bought it from...THis is really not acceptable ! Adrien@Arturia, do you think that "Great news" as an answer to George Ware who got it to work is a sufficient answer and of great help for those that are stuck with the problems they have and I'll enumerate some here once more :
- firmware upgrade process is wonky
- presets saving works 80% and only when saving the config on preset OO but in the meantime, pedal sustain config (for those having "inversed polarity pedals") is not saved correctly and forces to go back to MCC and re-send to the keyboard the config.
- a chosen velocity curve other than 01 (which is  the one that oalds when you boot the KL61) is not saved in the preset

There is a problem between AudioMidi and the KL61 driver that causes the KL not to be recognized when booting in "update" mode. (at least for those who work on Macs). PLEASE FIX IT NOW!!!

theworldvsme@hotmail.com

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 06:21:20 am »
Dear Stilinline

Greetings and well wishes... woah 15 days is a very long period to wait for a support ticket.... i am running windows 8 64bits on intel i7 sandy bridge..... in my the other posting on KeyLab49 heading... tim c replied with aspect of his keylab working in mac but also with some features missing... i spend most of last night trying to solve this problem but to no avail.... however i noticed on the audio MIDI preference of my analog lab.... keylab is not showing as "keylab49" but showing as "USB A"... so i thought it might be an USB compliant issue to USB 2.0... (there's only USB 3.0 on my pc).. so i installed Arturia MIDI Controller on my laptop which has USB 2.0 and tried to detect and update keylab49.... it shows the same issue.... someone upload an arturia.inf driver in this forum.. so i thought if i could over-write this in registry it might help unfortunately.... it's for x32 bits.. and windows disallowed the installation.... so now this might be an issue with arturia's compatibility with x64bits machine... both in pc and mac version.... i was also adviced by my local arturia's supplier to solve for solution in youtube and google... there are similar postings online via google... but unfortunately... i cant find anything on youtube regarding this issue... judging from the postings here.. i guess those with the same issue like us are still waiting and pending on arturia's return ticket of solution.... meanwhile... i will be using back my faithful akai mpk25 and novation zero sl markII (bought keylab49 in the hope that it can replace zero sl markII) till a working solution is rendered from arturia... and to mention this again... this is a brand new keylab49 which shows "update" error.. arturia could have installed the update or default driver in the keyboard before shipping it out.... pressing both octave keys cant get me back to any default driver like some who mentioned they got their keylab back to 1.18... it's my second day in this forum only... gauging from your email and long wait... yes.. arturia really need to buck up.... thanks stililine..

Mike

stilinline

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 10:05:53 am »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the adds. I hope Arturia's guys are going to front face the problems we have and not only sit firmly on their own positions/statements. One more thing that proves that KLseries software has been issued in a "rush" and this is a really bad thing when issuing a new product which you've been told by Arturia sales reps to wait for (!!!) :

MCC window shows an KL49 icon when you have a KL61. when you save the config in MCC it saves with the extension ".kl49". If things had been well done and pushed to their ends, it would be ".kl61" for those using a KL61. On the website you have different links for the updates/versions and so on and they are not telling us the same things ; this adds to the users' confusion. There should be an only one dowloads' area where the latest drivers are present (just like in any other pro audio website which I work with).

All this things add to the confusion and are  strongly dis-satisfying customers (particularly when they are new ones). Please sales reps do something !

Franck

theworldvsme@hotmail.com

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 04:21:06 am »
Dear Stilinline

Greetings n well wishes.... pls check posting "to all keylab25/49/61 owners"... thanks n cheers...

Mike

myramyd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 06:30:41 pm »
Hello all,

I sent mine back and received another Keylab. I haven't had time to play with it much since then so, now I'm worried that this will just happen again.

I will also say that my support ticket was just responded to last week--that is almost 2 MONTHS for a response from Arturia support!!!  :o

The solution in the email was to "download the firmware update" which does nothing.

My only hope right now is that if this happens again I can still send it back since it's well past the 30 day return window and I already returned one of them. I think when it works the Keylab is a great product so, I'm hoping they come up with a solution for this.

J

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines