March 28, 2024, 11:49:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: When might we expect a new firmware update?  (Read 7015 times)

bfoflyer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
When might we expect a new firmware update?
« on: July 30, 2013, 12:55:14 am »
I don't know if this has been addressed already but I'm interested if there is any updates to look for in the very near future? Thanks to all reply's...

Thunderroad75

Re: When might we expect a new firmware update?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 06:50:18 pm »
If there  is any updates to be added i can only imagine they would be minor or only if there is a bug in the software as the minibrute is pretty damn near perfect   ;)

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 05:49:35 pm »
the main update needed is "LOCAL MIDI OFF"

that's major, not minor.

other than that i don't know what else could be implemented.

bartleby

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 06:04:31 pm »
i'm also hoping that the nex fw update isn't too far off.
and contrary to what thunderroad said, i see a lot of room for improvement.

one thing crying for improvements imo is the arpeggiator/almost-sequencer.
for example, it would be great if the arp could be triggered by the gate input instead of the internal arp clock.
a more sh101-style sequencer with more than just 16 steps and a way of programming rests and possibly saving sequences would also be extremely welcome. 

also i'd very much aprecciate something like a 'system settings' or 'global settings' mode where you could change all those settings currently only accessible via the pc editor on the brute itself, without having to hook it up to a computer.
'eg legato mode' in particular would be something i would prefer being able to toggle on the brute itself.

and yes, 'local off' is indeed the most pressing...

all this and more should be doable with a fw update - if arturia is commited to further improving their product.

Thunderroad75

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 07:10:26 pm »
Why do you need local midi off? Do you use the minibrute with a DAW as a controller keyboard?

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 10:59:39 pm »
i would if i could. i like to run the minibrute through my shruthi, and vice versa. sometimes i use the minibrute's keyboard for this, controlling both minibrute at shruthi simultaneously.

it would be nice to have the option of say the minibrute playing a bass line (especially if it was programmed into the "hold" function) and then a lead on the shruthi.

i don't see any point to your question though. Why accept limitations when an easy fix possible?  Why should I have to justify why I "need" midi off, rather than having it and figuring out how it best fits into my setup?

Any reason?

Thunderroad75

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 11:15:07 pm »
well the point to my question is to get an answer! As I don't know why you need local midi off I thought it would be interesting to know why.
 I also don't know why you feel the need to use the word 'justify', I am merely asking an innocent question that may further educate me.

There you go. ;)

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 01:14:24 am »
sorry if my response seemed rude, just that a lot of people responded that way in another thread here about possible improvements, and i just don't think it's the right attitude to sit back and accept product shortcomings haha

bartleby

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 06:24:38 am »
well the minibrute does have a pretty good keyboard. it would make an excellent master kb for a minimalist mobile setup with, say, cubasis on the ipad plus a shruthi or a nord micro modular - if it had local off.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:26:50 am by bartleby »

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 08:21:59 am »
definitely...velocity sensitivity AND aftertouch, alongside a pretty solid feel (in my opinion) definitely makes it attractive

Dragulasbruder

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 01:12:14 am »
Local off is crucial for use as a master kybd with the mpc1000

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 03:48:04 am »
is it just me or does the minibrute seem abandoned :(

bartleby

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 06:07:22 pm »
yeah i also feel the arturia guys' total lack of reaction to this thread a bit disheartening.
from a software company like arturia i'd have expected more commitment to improving the firmware of their hardware products...

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 05:05:58 am »
i think i will stop recommending the minibrute tbh. there are more interesting things coming out and a huge reason i recommended it to others was Arturia's dedication and responsiveness. but we're still missing local midi off, the synth doesn't transmit arpeggiator data over midi out, etc...

these are things that should be available and yet they are not, while competitors (thinking of bass station II but im sure there are others) offer it.

i love my minibrute but am a little disheartened. i hope that this changes soon but it has been months of disappointment now...

dexfx69

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 06:33:05 am »
There may be a Minibrute mod site coming in October or so - hopefully Yves is involved as well as Arturia devs, so we can get a lot of helpful mods shared.

And hopefully the firmware comes soon!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 06:49:56 am by dexfx69 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines