March 19, 2024, 03:09:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cubase and Minibrute freeze when opening files connected through USB  (Read 2240 times)

concealed identity

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I've been trying to figure out what's going on for hours now and can't seem to solve it.

When I open files in Cubase with the Minibrute plugged in through USB, everything in the track loads, and then the "MIDI Out Activity" bar spikes. When this happens, the Minibrute freezes- the tempo and LFO lights stop flashing, and no sound comes from it. The track just sits there until I turn the Minibrute off, and then it loads immediately. Here's my setup:

Minibrute Firmware 1.0.2.1
Cubase 5.5
Windows XP Service Pack 3

edit: I've also noticed that on this computer the Minibrute shows up as "USB Audio Device" and not "Minibrute" as it does on my Windows 7 machine I just tried it out on. I uninstalled the driver in Device Manager, restarted the Minibrute, and it said "New Device Detected: Minibrute", followed by "USB Audio Device," which then overwrote the Minibrute entry in Device Manager. Not sure if that means anything.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 05:50:30 pm by concealed identity »

illintechnology

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • JonnyX and the Groadies web-blag
Re: Cubase and Minibrute freeze when opening files connected through USB
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 05:13:10 pm »
I'm assuming that Cubase is sending too much MIDI information.  Try filtering out what doesn't need to be transmitted.  If a piece of MIDI hardware receives too much it can crash.  The guitar player in my band actually had a preamp/multiFX unit get bricked from sending a dense MIDI sequence (lots of notes/CC messages).
-illintechnology

JX:ATG
groadudes.bandcamp.com
https://soundcloud.com/groadies
@jx_atg

concealed identity

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 05:37:38 pm »
I'm assuming that Cubase is sending too much MIDI information.  Try filtering out what doesn't need to be transmitted.  If a piece of MIDI hardware receives too much it can crash.  The guitar player in my band actually had a preamp/multiFX unit get bricked from sending a dense MIDI sequence (lots of notes/CC messages).

It does this starting up the file though. I can make a file with no other devices in it and nothing else hooked up and it still happens...

concealed identity

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 02:59:45 pm »
Hmm I'm still having problems with this and have no idea what's causing it. Sometimes even if I am able to open up the file, after a minute or so both the Minibrute and Cubase will crash.

I've also noticed Cubase automatically detects the Minibrute as M-Audio Axiom Pro, although the input output (USB Audio Device / USB Audio Device (2)) are the same.

If I unplug the Minibrute from the computer, I have absolutely no problems with these files, so it's definitely related to the Minibrute being connected. Could it be a driver issue? I wouldn't even know how to go about solving it.

Any advice? I've spent hours and hours just trying to get this to work, and the main reason I bought this was to do arpeggios synced to my DAW, so I'm pretty frustrated.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines