March 19, 2024, 04:36:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: tuning calibration  (Read 9884 times)

synthi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: tuning calibration
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 07:27:27 pm »
Thanks to Bartleby it was the wrong screwdriver and its metal lol. It didn't fit.
All good though, these things happen...I know you were just trying to help.
Thunderroad could you let me know if the ebay link works out?
Thanks

Thunderroad75

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 08:20:52 pm »
Hi synthi,
 Sure thing once they arrive I will post on here what I received.  ;)

bartleby

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 08:31:10 pm »
@synthi: oh. which one did you get? the set from reichelt? and they have metal blades? and neither is the right size? it does say one of the two has 2mm blades. or is it the shaft that doesn't fit?

anyway, i'm awfully sorry i pointed you in the wrong the direction.

but the ebay one clearly like it's all plastic, doesn't it? so i'm hoping that one at least will work.

bartleby

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 08:35:44 pm »
here is another link to anther calibration set from reichelt. this one definitely looks like plastic, and the shafts look narrower than the other one, so this one should probably fit. but it's also more expensive. so let's hope that the one from ebay works ok...

Thunderroad75

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 05:47:39 pm »
synthi,
 Finally received my non conductive, plastic screwdriver set from ebay today. It took 7 days to arrive from tiawan. It was well packed and no problems with delivery, shipping etc.

Inside the pack was a plastic wallet with 4 different plastic screwdrivers. Quality is not brilliant but adequate and there is one screwdriver in the set that works perfectly with the VCO tuning and trimmer adjustment pots.

So thanks for the link from bartleby.

I'm still waiting for a reply from Bruno regarding the tuning on my minibrute. Not sure if the unstable/ drifting tuning is down to it being very hot at moment or that there is an ongoing problem that needs addressing.

So Bruno please reply to my emails as I have sent you three and I have now been waiting over two weeks for an email back from you! :'(
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 05:50:42 pm by Thunderroad75 »

Rokk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2017, 10:05:59 pm »
Since calibration seems often necessary I'd like to add my experience. I just finished calibrating my minibrute as its tuning was way off. the uppermost C was 25 cents sharp and the lowest C 25 cents flat. In the middle octave the difference between the low C and hi C was 15 cents and that was too much for me. With calibration I could get it within +- 4 cents throughout the range with some E notes being a bit sharper or flatter and the lowest C being 15 sharp, then D 10 cents sharp and E 7 cents sharp and then F already within the said +-4 cents. Even the highest C is spot on. I'm very happy. I suppose nothing can be done about the lowest C, right? Or is there a solution? That would be great, but even with this anomaly I think it's fine for a VCO synth. Far better than the ATC-1 I had which had tuning all over the place with each note being in its own universe.

I didn't use a plastic screwdriver as they are hard to find. I just insulated a metal one entireliy, so that only the top remained metal and it worked fine.

I highly recommend this calibration.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines