March 28, 2024, 01:05:03 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Getting the Brute working with fl studio?  (Read 2109 times)

Mr. Bigglesworth

• What do you even write here? ._.
    • Soundcloud
Getting the Brute working with fl studio?
« on: July 25, 2013, 11:27:35 am »
So I recently got a Minibrute, gotta say, I love it. But I wanna really work with it, right now I can only really use it as a midi controller and mess around with it with my headphones jacked in the back port.

So I wanna know what kinda stuff I would need to get the brute to work with my DAW (FL Studio). Audio Interface? Midi interface? Both? I'm a little bit lost. What would some of (if any) you other FL Users recommend? What is the process for getting it to interact through an interface?

Help me out here, please. It'd be very much appreciated.
I make music on a computer. Avast ye!

squil

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Getting the Brute working with fl studio?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 02:59:55 pm »
audio interface is necessary to record sounds from the brute into FL. midi interface could be used to program sequences in FL and let them play from the brute which you could then record into your computer (FL...) or synching the brute's arpeggiator to the tempo in FL. i would recommend to get an audio interface with midi in's and out's. i just use Audition to record some stuff i play on the brute and then cut it so i have one or more samples that i can use in FL. but you can record directly into FL too. i use the e-mu 0404 or an echo soundcard for recording. but there are also cheaper solutions (and off course more expensive ones too). basically the cheapest audio interface with audio in's should work.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines