March 28, 2024, 11:56:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute key problem‏ - Case 134812  (Read 14118 times)

T3k

Re: Minibrute key problem‏ - Case 134812
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 02:35:48 pm »
Jon: I think Warranty Exchange works like this: You return Minibrute to the store you bought it from. They give you a new Minibrute. Did you buy in a store, or online?

My repair is still working. It's possible the repair may break someday, it could be years. IF that happens, I'll just pop the Brute open and re-glue it.

Tertior: Normall, yes. But the piece is not a bumper. It's the thing the bumper is attached to. You'd have to completely dissasemble the keybed to change it - and it runs under many keys. You'd have to remove the underside PCB sensor board, etc. It's not a simple fix like a missing bumper, or glueing the bumper assembly. It's probably a warranty voiding situation at that point.

Jon Casado

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 03:39:06 pm »
OK T3k, I already asked Arturia if they can ensure that they would provide me a brand new minibrute. I bought it in store, but the store is far away (6 hours from home!! :-\ ). I asked as well if this could be done trough another distributor in Barcelona, where I live...it would be great if the tell me that when the new one is in the store they will call me and I just got to do the exchnage. If not, if they say they first got to get the machine in France, and the then decide fixing it, or providing a new one, etc...I mean, if I see the process can be very long, I'll think again on fixing by myself...

Jon Casado

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 08:40:47 pm »
Hi there!

I'm happy to share with you the quick solution that arturia and the distributor in Barcelona gave me finally. The Arturia tech support said OK, via e-mail, to change the machine for a new one and they submitted me to the distributor in Barcelona (I bought it in other city but they didn't put any problem on doing the job by themselves). I just resent the Arturia mail to the distributor (didn't need to make an official request) and they told me to bring them the old one. They didn't have any stock problem and in only two days they brought the new machine to my house!! :)

I don't know if this rapidity is usual, but well, I think that if you guys are thinking on personally fixing a problem when the machine is under warranty you should first contact tech support and distributor, and if the distributor says they have a good stock, just go ahead!!

Thanks for your help and thanks Arturia and ZentralMedia (distributor in Barcelona) for your professionality !!

...and keep on making music!

Jon

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines