March 28, 2024, 01:38:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bugs/Problems with Analog Lab and Keylab 49  (Read 5791 times)

hco7777

Bugs/Problems with Analog Lab and Keylab 49
« on: July 13, 2013, 10:59:54 pm »
I'm new to MIDI, but I seem to be having some odd issues. Whenever I have the keylab 49 connected to Analog Lab (1.0.4), whether as a standalone or as a VI in Protools 10 (latest version), the keyboard goes all buggy and starts changing its hardware/program settings on me without my pressing any buttons or making any changes. For example, I'll have the keyboard set to "sound" so as to play a preset in Analog lab, and all of a sudden the keylab 49 will switch over to "edit" mode and other buttons will then be highlighted (or sometimes it changes to "multi" in the middle of a recording, thus changing my preset/patch). Is anyone else having this problem? Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to stop my keylab from acting strangely and switching settings on me?
I'm using a macbook pro OSX 10.8.4, 16gb ram, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
I connect the keylab 49 via USB to a Belkin wall outlet powered USB hub
my protools interface is Avid 11 Rack

Thanks!

morfic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Bugs/Problems with Analog Lab and Keylab 49
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 10:52:59 am »
You pretty much described what my keylab 49 started doing after flashing firmware 1.24 for keylab 49
While I can't offer any solution, at least it's now two of us.
I would like to return to shipping firmware 1.18 if it was available.

I have my keylab 49 connected directly to my MacBook pro retina, no hubs in between.

EDIT: Since using MIDI Control Center and setting to defaults, sending that to the key lab, storing it to setting 01, and then fixing the few odd things of the default (Filter A and AMP S used the same CC (Gave Filter A a new one) and the pads are set to toggle (switched to midi note)), saving that to a file and sending the setup to the keylab and resaving to setting 01 on the keylab, it seems to behave normal, the loop and play/pause buttons also stay off so far)
I only used non arturia VSTi today, but it's still noteworthy it's behaving since it was acting up in Analog Lab as well as all other VSTi.

P.S. i wonder if this now should all be moved to the hybrid synth/keylab forum that now exists?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 02:55:21 am by morfic »

errorspending

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Bugs/Problems with Analog Lab and Keylab 49
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 03:26:43 am »
Thanks for that.  I was having the same issue and reloading the defaults from Midi control center seems to have done the trick.  Upgrading firmware and factory reset would not fix this crazy issue.

Oh and I have a 61 key version and am also on a macbook retina pro
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 03:45:14 am by errorspending »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines