March 19, 2024, 08:08:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New SparkLE can't connect after a day's use  (Read 14787 times)

gorge

New SparkLE can't connect after a day's use
« on: July 09, 2013, 11:59:04 am »
Just bought my SparkLE few days ago, plugged it in to my Win7 64-Bit setup and tested it as a standalone and as a VST on my Ableton 9 setup, all was well and I had the time of my life playing it.
Plugged it in again this morning and I keep getting 'Connection failed' errors from my software and VST, tried reinstalling drivers and software, switched USB ports, ran the updater (which had the same version but still did some firmware reinstallation apparently) but still no connection, the lights on the unit seem to be working (I checked and it's on 'Spark' mode) and I can hear sound if I click the mouse on my software but there's no connection between the two.
Nothing seems faulty with the device or the software but I just can't seem to get it to connect.
Any help?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 11:33:34 am by David@Arturia »

Toby@arturia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: New SparkLE can't connect after a day's use
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:40:43 am »
Hey Gorge,

there are a couple of reasons this might be happening, hopefully we can get you drumming away again in no time.
- In Standalone mode check your audio and MIDI settings, this panel can be opened by clicking the setup option in windows, or by clicking preferences in os x. Check that the 'Audio device type' and 'Output' are right. You can verify that these are valid by clicking the test button; if you hear a tone being played then everything is ok.
- When using Spark as a plugin you must deactivate SparkLE's private MIDI port otherwise it simply won't work. To do this in Live open the preferences panel and select the MIDI sync tab. With your SparkLE connected, check under the heading "MIDI Ports", anything relating to SparkLE that is 'On' must be switched to 'Off'.

Hopefully if you do both of these things you will be up and running again.

If you have any more problems feel free to PM me.

Toby
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 11:33:32 am by David@Arturia »

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 05:57:55 pm »
This happened to me too in OS10.6.8 I had to toggle between my Digi 002R and built in outputs to get standalone to work again.
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

Laszlo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 09:23:54 pm »
Hi everyone.

Same issue than Gorge here, but I hadn't been able to sync functions between hard and soft. I think it's obviously not a souncard problem, because it sounds without latency using the pads to play the software. But the lights don't lit as in the soft, and if I press the play button (or pause, rec,...) in controller, the software doesn't do anything. A friend of mine had tested today (I bought it yesterday)  my unit in his Mac and works perfectly.

I'm using my laptop to make music only. It's an Asus i5 6GB RAM, Win 7 64, a Komplete Audio 6 and a Remote49. I had tried all USB ports and reinstalling the software.

And made yesterday a technical support request, with no answer yet...

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 09:00:58 am »
Hi Laszlo,
is it in standalone more or inside a DAW?

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Laszlo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 09:17:04 am »
Both. I've tested in Cubase Elements 7, and same "connection failed" error.

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 09:26:13 am »
So if you launch only Spark standalone (no other audio application launched), it does not work?

Kevin
Soft Arturia

Laszlo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 10:01:58 am »
It sounds, but there's no connection with controller (only the pads work, I mean, it sends midi, but doesn't comunicates "bidirectionally" with the soft).

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 11:03:14 am »
Do you have a connection popup when you launch Spark (first screenshot)?
What happens when you click on the connect button (second screenshot)?
Can you send me a screenshot of spark Audio MIDI Settings Window?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Laszlo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 01:53:06 pm »
Yes, a popup appears (first screenshot). If I try to connect manually, the same happens.

I have attached the setup window and my DAW setup also, so you can see that the lights don't lit with the software.

Thank you very much for your support.

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 02:07:22 pm »
Just for the record I again had to toggle my audio source after installing 1.7.  Working fine now.
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 03:35:59 pm »
You have to disable SparkLE in Active MIDI Input.
It will solve the problem.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Laszlo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 08:04:58 pm »
I'm so very sorry about making you lose your time with such a stupid problem, Kevin. But you were right, the SparkLE is working now like a charm in standalone mode! I will test it on monday as vsti, but I 'm sure it will work! You were right, it has solved the problem.

Thank you very much for your help!

russkull

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2013, 05:29:05 pm »
Hi there, I'm having the same problem as described by the OP in standalone mode (I haven't even tried as a VST in my Cubase 7 yet).  The software starts, the Spark LE starts and goes into Spark mode, I can go to Audio Midi settings and run "Test" to hear the tone, but every time I try to connect to the hardware I get the message "Connection Failed".

I have checked and the Spark LE is NOT selected on the MIDI output (nothing is checked on MIDI in/out).  Here's more info and what I've tried:

I'm running a desktop PC with Windows 7 Pro 64, 4 GB RAM.  I first installed Spark 1.6 from the disc, then updated to 1.7, then uninstalled and re-installed 1.7. 

I've tried several different USB ports on the computer.  I've toggled the audio source (set on Windows audio) to other options and then back again.  I've added the driver for a USB composite device alongside with the SparkLE (no driver found) and then removed that.

Just to test, I also downloaded the program to my Surface tablet, running Windows 8, and connected the Spark LE there with no problems!  It worked like a charm immediately.  (I can't continue using it on the Surface because it is a device from work).

I would appreciate any help. 

By the way....I submitted a tech request through Arturia and heard nothing back after the initial confirmation email.  Then I tried to track my case number on the link given in the email and the link did not work -  it took me to an error 404 page.  Going directly to http://www.arturia.com/fogbugz also led nowhere. 

On another page of this forum I found the link http://www.arturia3.com/fogbugz/.  However, entering my case's tracking ticket gave me the message "No case was found associated with the ticket: 139331_GHDXUALY". 

Not great tech support, I must say.  It looks like the customer service is much better on this forum.

Kevin

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 09:18:41 am »
Hi russkull,
apart thins problem is Spark software correctly working?
Are you able to switch between project for instance?
Can you send me a screenshot of Spark Audio/MIDI Settings window?

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines