But when using an envelope i can only modulate make the pitch of the oscillator *above* the played note and even if i could reverse the polarity of the envelope, this wouldnt do it.
But why not? That's exactly how I do it - just make sure, in the Oscillator module:
- that the knob to the right of the FM input that the envelope is modulating says "B" (bipolar)
- that this knob is set to the left of center (negative polarity)
- that the envelope attack is zero or close to zero
- that the envelope sustain is at zero, and the decay and release are set to the length of the glide you want
- I would also set the envelope Slopes of the Decay and Release stages to "3 o'clock" (pointing to the right), to get a somewhat exponential slope which I think is desirable in this case
I posted a multi in this thread:http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=12255.0
And the program called "Dervish Lea22" does this kind of thing. I think in this program I even have one of the encoder knobs controlling the "depth" of the up-glide (using the CV Modulator).