March 29, 2024, 12:50:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark - How can I reverse a Cymbal (909) and Trigger via an Pad ?  (Read 2785 times)

Lovesound

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi there,
I am still trying to get used to Spark LE and how to use it with Logic. I loaded an 909 Kit and would like to reverse the Cymbal Hit. I can't find this option. Of course I could record the hit and reverse it in Logic..., but I would like to keep it in Spark. Is there a simple and fast option in reversing individual hits?

Just noticed that it is possible with "Samples", but in my case I am using the "Analog" Engine/Sound and the Reverse Option is not available.
Is it maybe possible to import individual samples to Pads ?! So I can bounce and import it back into the kit (I bit complicated, but at least I could work in Spark...)

Regards,
Seb
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:53:44 pm by Lovesound »

Seb

• Tech-Support
Re: Spark - How can I reverse a Cymbal (909) and Trigger via an Pad ?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 01:37:41 pm »
Hi Seb,

If you are using an analog sound, it means it is created with a synthesizer, and not with a sample. Therefore, just as you won't find a reverse option in any virtual analog synthesizer, you won't have this feature in Spark.

It is possible to import individual samples to pads, you can drag and drop them into pads. So one solution would be to render your sound to audio, put it back on a Spark pad, and reverse it.

I took a look at the 909 kits (DR-909 and dirty-909), and neither of these have an analog cymbal, they are all samples.
Therefore I don't know which instrument you were trying to use, but take a look at the 6 instrument parameters in the Studio panel (bottom panel), maybe the sound you use has both Attack and Decay as parameters. You could get a reverse effect with an analog sound by using a long attack and short decay (invert the two values actually)
That could be a nice solution, and you would be able to change the length of the reversed cymbal by tweaking the attack parameter.

Best,
Seb.

Lovesound

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 02:02:48 pm »
Hi Seb,
thanks for reply! And yes you are right, I was using the 808 Kit with the Analog Cymbal. I just noticed how easy it is to import Audio Samples. I will also try the Attack/Decay tip.

Best,
Seb

atimchak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 04:56:12 pm »
Hi Lovesound - I figured out a way to do this that works pretty well.   You have to set your attack velocity for pads below max however.  If all your drum hits are at max velocity, this won't work because all of the hits on the cymbal pad will reverse. 

What's great about this is that you don't need a dedicated pad for this.  You can load a cymbal into the second sample slot of any pad and just use this to taste.  In your selected pad, in the sample area, load a cymbal sample into one of the 6 slots, then reverse the sample.  Adjust the start point to where the waveform ramp starts.  Then choose from the menu to the right of the sample window "threshold."  That way, when you hit a pad with max velocity, it will only play the revere cymbal.  Every other hit (below a certain velocity) will play you "main" sample.

This is cool because it's easy to sequence and trigger live - you just need to remember which pad to hit harder to get the reverse sound.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Alex

Lovesound

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 08:52:18 am »
Hi Alex,
What a great creative solution! Thanks for sharing!

Seb (Lovesound)

atimchak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 04:13:07 pm »
Hi Seb - very happy to help.  Do you happen to know how to copy one part sequence from one pattern (A1-A2) to another?  I've tried to drag the midi part to the desktop and into another pattern, but it doesn't seem to work.  There has to be another way to do this.  Hopefully copy and paste will be in the new update. 

Cheers,
Alex

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines