March 28, 2024, 01:39:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Im so sorry. this got to be returned asap.  (Read 4142 times)

oilpanic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Im so sorry. this got to be returned asap.
« on: June 12, 2013, 09:43:27 pm »
First I have no Ill will in writing this. I was just hoping for very basic functionality of this keyboard as it was only 100 dollars in the store. But I am afraid that this is not acceptable. I have a 6 month old Mac Pro. My installs are clean and simple. No cracked software and no funny plugins. Basic logic pro with all updates installed. Mac OS Lion is also up to date. I just recently installed the minilab drivers and software according to instructions. Since this I have seen up to 40+ crashes of my computer. I am not interested in waiting for fixes and updates. I am simply amazed how this product could even be released to the market. What where you guys thinking?

edpdx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Im so sorry. this got to be returned asap.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 03:02:18 am »

I agree with you 100%! As you can see in this forum I have been quite vocal about the lack of interest or prompt response on behalf of Arturia to address these issues. Maybe you could join me in this forum by posting on a regular basis on letting them kow that we expect a fix to these problems.

On the other hand this is a great product that has a lot of potential! The sounds are just "ear candy" and the level of control that the device has is amazing.

Arturia! Please take note and listen to your customers :)

edpdx
http://macjams.com/artist/edpdx

alwaysuptil1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 02:06:51 am »
CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH.  Other than a mini controller, the Analog Lab software is useless.  Can't save anything you put together with it. Very sad to see this interesting software unusable.   Dear Arturia, I'd like to use your products but they don't work.   Logic Pro and Ableton Live both crash upon saving.  or trying to Undo.  It's very unstable.

mattsterp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 03:36:15 pm »
Hello,  Sorry to hear about your troubles with Analog Lab.  I am curios if you have tried using analog lab with a generic controller?  I have been using analog lab with a Alesis Q25 and it hasn't crashed at all.  In fact this is by far the most stable product I've seen from Arturia yet. 

Obviously you want to use your Arturia controller but  it may help troubleshoot your issue.  It sounds to me like you have defective hardware that is causing a MIDI conflict and crashing.  Whats it say in your console log right before the crash?   Also,  contact Arturia tech support they will help you. ( and be nice) 

Try downloading a free MIDI monitor app and move the controls on your Arturtia keyboard while looking at the messages, do you see any inconstancies?  any skipping of controller numbers changing direction ? stuff like that. 

Good luck everyone. 

edpdx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 12:31:21 am »

Hey Matt,

It seems that it is not a "broken keyboard" problem! Way too many people have the same common issues. Why should we troubleshoot something that supposed to work out of the box? If you can see in this forum! I have posted many of my own problems and have not gotten much response from Arturia.

Here is a list of common problems:

1.-Rotary knobs do not respond properly.
      2.-Crashes while attempting to save a preset.
      3.-USB recognition is a big issue each time computer is turned on.
      4.-Stuck notes.

Arturia is not even reassuring or reflecting their concern in this forum in regards to many of the issues.

edpdx
http://macjams.com/artist/edpdx

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines