March 28, 2024, 05:30:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New Origin User- Quick Question before getting into it  (Read 3332 times)

LeRoi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
New Origin User- Quick Question before getting into it
« on: June 12, 2013, 12:03:39 am »
Hi guys. Finally got my Origin today. Can't wait to dive in. Before I wire this thing up and register, I had a question. The numbered encoders around the screen are insanely loose. Is this normal? I realize that they are obviously different than the others, but just wanted to make sure before I get too cozy with the unit. Don't wanna get attached to it and have to send it back.

Also, I was not sent a copy of the manual with the unit. Is this also normal? I just wanna make sure that I wasn't shipped an open box unit after dropping all this cash.

Many thanks! Any fun suggestions you may have are welcome here as well :)

tertior

Re: New Origin User- Quick Question before getting into it
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 10:39:40 am »
For the encoder around the screen it's normal and  if they work well it is not a problem.
For the manuel it's not normal; you can always load it on the site but ask to your seller the manual and if it's a new Origin and the seller has not a manual ask to Arturia.

ASch

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 11:26:13 am »
Hi!  Welcome :)

The encoders around the screen have a little more play to them because they are also clickable.  However, I would not describe mine as lose, either insanely or otherwise!

And no, don't expect a paper manual, just download the PDF doc from Arturia.

Andreas

LeRoi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 05:27:11 pm »
Thanks guys. I'll try to contact tech support and the dealer to see what they can do. I've been wanting this baby since before it was released. In all honesty, it looks to me like somebody at the place I bought it from wanted to check it out before it went out, but I could just be assuming that.

tertior

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 07:30:43 pm »
Hmmm if it's a new Origin you have a manual with a card for register it by post office whether don't want do it by internet.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines