March 28, 2024, 01:30:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BrandNew MB. a whole lot of nothing :( +solution : )  (Read 3706 times)

PGtrax

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
BrandNew MB. a whole lot of nothing :( +solution : )
« on: June 10, 2013, 04:28:02 pm »
hi all,  :) explaining it as clear as possible (i'm not very technological and it's my first analog synth)
checked the forum for my problem or a solution and couldn't find the exact same as i have.
so i plugged in my MB (waited for 15 minutes as the manual stated), turned it off and on again but no lights(i "think" there will be at least one lid light looking at other synths to see if the power is on) and could not produce one sound out of it. it's complete as the manual stated (also KBD at the back), the knobs turned the direction as in the manual.
could it be a loose cable as i've seen on here with others? (but they still could do some things on it or hear at least some crackle so i'm wondering). maybe a broken AC adaptor?
should you feel the synth warming up by hand (touching the case)?
i'm a bit affraid opening a spanking new device....

greets
PG
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 04:42:26 pm by PGtrax »
soundcloud - PG trax

Thunderroad75

Re: BrandNew MB. a whole lot of nothing :(
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 06:22:11 pm »
Im sure the manual states to let the Minibrute warm up for 15 minutes before its fully in tune. So don't turn it on and then off again. There are 3 lights lit on my minibrute LFO rate, arp rate and octave + and -.

Simple things to check is the power lead to the main power unit is in correctly. Also have you got any of the VCO waveform sliders up?

Metalizer and brute factor turned right down. Filter type set to Low pass and band and high pass can sometimes leave you with no sound if the resonance is set high.

If it was me I would return it for new unit. If you start opening it up your gonna void your warranty. Not a good idea. BTW my minibrute never gets hot, maybe the power supply a little bit but only after a couple of hours.

Good luck.

PGtrax

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 12:57:05 am »
Im sure the manual states to let the Minibrute warm up for 15 minutes before its fully in tune. So don't turn it on and then off again. There are 3 lights lit on my minibrute LFO rate, arp rate and octave + and -.

Simple things to check is the power lead to the main power unit is in correctly. Also have you got any of the VCO waveform sliders up?

Metalizer and brute factor turned right down. Filter type set to Low pass and band and high pass can sometimes leave you with no sound if the resonance is set high.

If it was me I would return it for new unit. If you start opening it up your gonna void your warranty. Not a good idea. BTW my minibrute never gets hot, maybe the power supply a little bit but only after a couple of hours.

Good luck.
I'm gonna return it as i have done everything the book says...... i'm scared for doing it.....  imagine i messed hours with it and nothing,( no little spark), and they plug it in and all works? = my biggest fear!).....
(i have a Novation Ultranova also but use it more for the digital stuff), there must be something REALLY wrong with it..... i'm lost :(
i want this synth ..... i'm not giving up on it!
cheers
PG trax
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 01:01:45 am by PGtrax »
soundcloud - PG trax

tertior

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 08:16:20 pm »

Open a support ticket at Arturia.
I don't know if the MB has a fuse inside? could be this thing; but a fuse with a 12 V, I do not think.
those who speak do not know and those who know do not speak
 Lao tseu  ::)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 08:22:03 pm by tertior »

PGtrax

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 05:49:59 am »
well, i could not wait and opened it up with some guidance. no loose cables. i still have to check the powerchord but don't really know how to check if there is power coming through (putting my tongue on it wil not be such a good idea) :D

thanks for the reply :)
soundcloud - PG trax

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 10:30:08 am »
I guess it's either AC adapter, either internal fuse that is broken. For fuse please ask our support desk, for the adapter, you can check it with a voltmeter, or try with an other adapter.
Any 12V DC, 1A, center positive will do the job. But if it's not DC or not center positive you'll blow the fuse....
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

PGtrax

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 04:41:16 pm »
I guess it's either AC adapter, either internal fuse that is broken. For fuse please ask our support desk, for the adapter, you can check it with a voltmeter, or try with an other adapter.
Any 12V DC, 1A, center positive will do the job. But if it's not DC or not center positive you'll blow the fuse....
thanks.... and it's working now : )
today i got my hands on a voltmeter and the power supply was oké. so.... i plugged it in again... still nothing BUT i pulled the power chord out (of the back panel) "while still on", plugged it back in and hey.... all the lights were lid and blinking : ) it's a weird work around but it works :D
i hope it won't get broke sooner because off that minor problem 'and' maybe i helped out others.
thanks guy's : )
cheers
soundcloud - PG trax

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines