March 19, 2024, 08:57:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Calibration to pulse width and pitch bend range  (Read 3140 times)

Peter K

Calibration to pulse width and pitch bend range
« on: November 07, 2012, 07:51:39 am »
Hi,

I just got my Minibrute last week and it's friggin' amazing! 

However, I've noted two issues with it and I wonder if they might be able to be resolved with some kind of calibration that is not available on the back of the unit, but perhaps resides on the main board inside...

1) Pulse width - On my Mini, when the pulse width knob is at 50%, it's actually quite a bit off.  I need to turn the knob to about the 10 o'clock position to get a 50% square that matches the tone of the sub osc.

2) Pitch bend range - Works great on the synth itself, but when I control other synths over midi, what is a whole tone on the MB is like a quarter tone on any connected digital synth.  It'd be great if they were the same in case I'd like to layer it up or control something else from the MB's keyboard. 

Thanks again for a great sounding, great feeling instrument at a killer price!  Love my Mini!!

Seb

• Tech-Support
Re: Calibration to pulse width and pitch bend range
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 09:28:04 am »
For the pitch bend range, if you are controlling a digital synth via midi, don't you think you would have to set the pitch bend range directly on your digital synth?
I don't think the "bend range" knob on the MB actually sends midi data, so the range on the MB is probably independant of the range on your other synth.

As for pulse width, I can't help...

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 10:26:53 am »
1) Pulse width - On my Mini, when the pulse width knob is at 50%, it's actually quite a bit off.  I need to turn the knob to about the 10 o'clock position to get a 50% square that matches the tone of the sub osc.
Their is a trimmer inside, that could be used to tweak this, but as a side effect, when the knob is fully clockwise the duty cycle will reduce compared to your actual setting. You will narrow the range if fact, it's actually, maybe 45% to 90%, you will turn it into 50% to 80%.

2) Pitch bend range - Works great on the synth itself, but when I control other synths over midi, what is a whole tone on the MB is like a quarter tone on any connected digital synth.  It'd be great if they were the same in case I'd like to layer it up or control something else from the MB's keyboard. 
ok I'll check this for a later update.

Bruno
Arturia Hardware

LRZ

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 01:41:43 am »
Their is a trimmer inside, that could be used to tweak this, but as a side effect, when the knob is fully clockwise the duty cycle will reduce compared to your actual setting. You will narrow the range if fact, it's actually, maybe 45% to 90%, you will turn it into 50% to 80%.
Sorry for resurrecting this thread.
But could this trimmer be adjusted for the opposite effect;
to widen the cycle to a broader range for example maybe 33% to 99% ?
(I know that 100% would be silent)

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 10:21:14 am »
It could but the triangle waveform will then be badly distorted....
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines