March 29, 2024, 01:11:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Flashing Octave Buttons, No Sound  (Read 3805 times)

djhens78

Flashing Octave Buttons, No Sound
« on: June 05, 2013, 04:33:36 am »
Greetings,

I had opened a ticket with Arturia over a week ago about my malfunctioning MiniBrute, which is no more than a month old. Upon turning on the synth, I am presented with both + and - Octave lights flashing about every half second, with no sound emitting no matter what I do with the device. Arturia support forwarded me a guide on how to disassemble the unit to ensure that all of the connections were secure - I wasn't able to find anything wrong internally, and am curious what to do next, as Arturia has yet to respond with a solution. Has anyone else here had this problem? I'm also unable to update the firmware, despite multiple attempts.

Thanks.

tertior

Re: Flashing Octave Buttons, No Sound
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 11:57:56 am »
good press on  the ribbons and connexion.

generalkutuzov

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 02:07:15 am »
Try changing the Power Suply.

I tried everything like you. I opended the synth, checked the connections...

I changed the power supply and it worked fine.

My minibrute was literally 1 day old!! It worked the first day and after one day the octave lights were flashing and there was no sound!
The quality of this chinese products are unbelievable!!!
It's ridiculous to pay for a 500US$ product with a power supply that stop working in one day.

But anyway. I hope it helps

yusynth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 11:09:05 am »
You need to reinstall the firmware, go to the resources section on the MiniBrute site and download the latest MiniBrute Connection software with the update of the firmware and proceed to the upload of the firmware.

urmston

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 07:26:50 am »
This just happened to me, too! My MiniBrute is about a month old. It has stayed in my temperature-stable, not-humid room. I used it about a week ago, but when I turned it on today it made no sound and blinked its -1/+1 octave lights. Can anyone else who tried a new power supply confirm that worked? I also can't reinstall the firmware because it can't connect to Brute Connection via USB. Yes, I tried a different USB cable. Ughhh and I was so excited to play...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines