March 28, 2024, 07:40:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to use SPARKLE in Studio One?  (Read 8544 times)

jonahlorsung

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How to use SPARKLE in Studio One?
« on: May 07, 2013, 01:21:04 am »
hey, just bought my sparkle, and trying to use it with my audiobox usb, and studio one software, not sure how to use the presets and record using the arturia SPARKLE.  help!

Toby@arturia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: How to use SPARKLE in Studio One?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 09:08:20 am »
Hi there,

You can start by connecting your SparkLE controller to your computer via a USB port.
Once you have done this you should start Studio One and instantiate an instance of the Spark plugin, this is done the same way as any other plugin.
At this point the software should automatically detect the controller and establish the connection; if it doesn't there is a connect button in the top left corner of the software's main panel which you can press to establish the connection yourself.
You should now be able to play.
To record sequences into Spark you can enter them with the step sequencer buttons or by recording the notes in with the pads. To do this you simply need to press the record button, then hit the play button and start playing with the pads.
This will record the your sequence into spark, but not into Studio One's sequencer. To do that you must have Studio One's sequencer recording and Spark's sequencer playing back as well. Alternatively you can drag and drop your patterns from Spark to Stdio One's sequencer. This is done by simply clicking on the sequencer button corresponding to the pattern you want and drop it where you want it in Studio One's sequencer.

I hope that helps.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:10:50 am by Toby@arturia »

jonahlorsung

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 01:02:03 am »
Yeah, I'm not sure how to open the plugin, I can't establish the connection, and I can't find the self establish button you're talking about, what is it near?

Toby@arturia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 09:14:35 am »
Hi again,

First off sorry for the late reply. I have attached a screenshot of sparkLE's toolbar in standalone mode. The connect button is surrounded by a red square, it is located about a third of the way from the right hand side. If you press this with the controller connected to the computer spark should establish the connection.

This is what I did to get spark working in studio one:
1. open studio one and create a new song.
2. If you haven't already specified where your plugins are located on your hard drive you need to do so:
- click on the studio one tab
- click on the options tab
- select the locations tab
- select VST plug-ins.
There is an Add button; if your plugins don't already show up in studio one you should click this button and navigate to the folder where your plugins are saved. Once you have found the folder click OK. You should then click Apply and when all the loading is finished click OK.
3. in the grey area one the left on the sequencer area, right click and select "add Instrument track"
4. On the right of the sequencer area is a list of icons, select the instruments icon. You should see a list of folders containing plugins. Select the one you want and drag and drop it onto your newly created track.

That's it!

good luck!

jonahlorsung

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 06:34:25 am »
Thanks for your help, but I have now realized that I do not have a producer or professional version of Studio One so am not allowed to use Spark as a VST Plugins.  Now I am on the hunt for a daw that will actually work with spark. I'm trying Reaper right now but cannot for the life of me get reaper to find the sparkle vst plugins. Any help for that? Thanks!

mazfish

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 03:07:07 pm »
I do have Studio One pro And this guide has been useful to me, but I'm stuck in trying to record audio tracks from every SparkLE instrument like someone did in the only video tutorial in youtube about this topic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nfky96ALUg).
When I try to create new tracks, I go to inputs  I've followed instructions step by step, but I cannot see SparkLE as an option, I got only L and R inputs. 
hint: if I go to external devices  sparkLE appears as not connected.
I have SparkLE for a couple of days now, and I couldn't active it yet with eLicenser. The problem is that the authorization code Arturia provide is too short for eLicenser input text box so shows error. I wrote many time to support but no answers.
So maybe is because of that?
Thanks
Marco

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 03:20:42 pm by mazfish »

rodanmusic

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 07:10:51 pm »
If you are talking about recording audio, all you need to do is add Spark as an instrument in your console.

Then when it appears you click once on the spark instrument and a drop down list will appear with checkboxes for specific outputs from Spark.

Then you will need to check all the outputs that you want to show as channels in Studio One.  In Spark you will need to go to the mixer and set the mixer outputs for the pads to 1 - 16.

You don't need to add a new output to Studio One's timeline like you are doing.  You just need to add it in the console like I described above and then right click on the mixer channel and click show in timeline (or an option similar to that).  If you want all to show in the timeline then just select them all then right click and select to show them in the timeline.

You can also open the track list by pressing 'T' (...  I think it's t, not sure as i changed my keyboard shortcuts) or clicking the furthest left option above your tracks on the timeline and then you can select which tracks are visible in the timeline from the instrument browser or the console.  Once it's there you can select the midi device you created as the track's input, press play, and then record notes from the Spark VST into Studio One.

As for the external devices settings pictured here in your post I believe you only need to set up a keyboard instrument for receiving midi from spark in order to record midi into S1's sequencer.  You shouldn't need to set up an external (send) instrument as that  is for synths and other external instruments/processors.  Spark is basically a VST instrument with a midi controller, and you only need to use it like another vst synth by dragging it into your timeline.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:17:59 pm by rodanmusic »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines