March 19, 2024, 10:19:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Knobs only work on decreasing value, but not increasing it.  (Read 4660 times)

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Level, all the filter knobs, etc...
I can turn them down just fine, they just won't turn up.  I have to mouse them to turn them up.

Any thoughts.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Jihens

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Knobs only work on decreasing value, but not increasing it.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 07:32:03 am »
Try changing knob mode to absolute.
On yer controller, press Setup->Global, then search the "Knob mode", change it to absolute with the knob on the right. Be sure to press the right knob in order for setting to come in use.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 07:34:24 am by Jihens »

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 05:13:12 pm »
Tried that, still only moving down. 

For recording it's not such an issue, I can play the performance, then go back & mouse those manipulations, but I would still prefer to be able to twist the knob while playing and not only affect the downward value, but the upward ones as well.

Thank you for the suggestion, every little bit helps.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Jihens

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 08:03:43 am »
Are you using arturia's analog laboratory software or some else? If some else, maybe a setting in the program?

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 03:14:49 pm »
I'm using the Arturia Analog Experience The Laboratory hybrid software+controller package, exclusively.

It is my only controller.  I use it to control the Arturia software above, as well as all of my other soft synths.  I only experience this issue with the Arturia software.

I may have found a work around.  I have a Boss Expression pedal that has the minimum volume pot.  I set the pot to "half" which in the controller reads a value of about 64, so if I use the pedal assigned to CC #7 (Volume) it doesn't do what it was doing with the knob, which is only going down.  Still having the issue with all the other control knobs though.

seancan44

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 11:10:55 pm »
TonyFlyingSquirrel - have you found a fix for this yet?  I'm having the same exact issue with this.  Mine is only the Level knob at the moment though.  The other knobs seem to be working correctly, if not a little slowly.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 03:37:57 pm »
No fix yet.
The only "work around" is to use the mouse, which isn't as musically expressive as using the knobs, in my opinion. Especially when I can only even do that while a recorded track is playing back, and on the 2nd pass I'm recording knob movements by mouse.
I play mostly with my right hand when it comes to chords, which is also my mouse hand.

I'd rather play with my right & knob with my left in real time.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines