March 19, 2024, 12:10:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: fx not working in ableton 9  (Read 4501 times)

dave384

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
fx not working in ableton 9
« on: June 26, 2013, 05:20:00 am »
My effects do not work in ableton 9. The spark vst's fx buttons in the mixer do not work. When pressed one they make the drum machine make a stuttering sound.. Like ken in "a fish called Wanda" I also cannot use the effects in the standalone version. The drum machine will stutter, and I have to restart my computer. It will carry on stuttering until the computer is powered down. I also get a "handlestageone' error when I try to minimize the vst in ableton. This has been happening for the last few day.... It's consistant and annoying. Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? Or has any solutions? Updated to 1.6.1.1 reinstalled the software no change.

Windows 7 64
Ableton 9 64
spark controller and software 64 up to date.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: fx not working in ableton 9
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 08:32:15 am »
Hi,
this is the first time this kind of error is reported.
Is this happening with all the fx?
What sample rat are you using?

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

dave384

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 10:00:13 am »
41000 sample rate... yes all effects. I can replicate it too.

dave384

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 10:19:11 am »
when i am in ableton hit the  redX to close on spark and I get the handlestageone error and closes ableton. with the stutter continuing until I reastart my computer.

dave384

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 02:42:26 am »
i have sent a tech support request to Arturia. But no reply! I will check the hardware(spark) tonite on my mac to eliminate that angle. If the FX work on the mac then I know something is corrupted with the spark software on the pc. I  am heading for a complete reinstall of windows if thats the case. I know that Spark is the problem....... The standalone and the vst are acting the same. Most importantly its crashing my daw  every time I use spark. My sample rate in my daw 44100, on the spark I have tried all setting no change. Even 1.7 update no change. It's very frustrating.... Oh well I have heard tech support is iffy and slow like your download sever!!!! It seem to be true. 30 mins for an update of 600mb....

dave384

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 03:01:48 am »
I am not being mean. I like arturias products. But, now you are becoming a big player in the music world. You have to step up to the plate and act like it..... It's all about Product, inovation and customer support. Which is the key to success. It's great having a great products. But if customer support is iffy, then the great products doesn't count for much if it doesn't work ,and no one helps you with the problem.

Example: If you book a 5 hotel. you pay for the room(product) and the 5 star customer service. They go hand in hand. Reputations are built and lost, based on these important rules.

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 09:02:38 am »
Hi Dave,
can you give me your support ticket number?
I would recommend to wait a little before doing a complete system reinstall because it is not sure that the problem come from your system.

One thing I forgot to ask, what driver are you using?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

dave384

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 05:53:49 am »

I have not heard anything from arturia. I have done a complete reinstall of my computer. All seems well. No thanks to tech support. This took a lot of time, and I still have a lot to do. I didn't even get an email to say "We are looking into it" dreadful support.

dave384

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 05:59:37 am »
I really want to buy the  keylab..... But I am having second thoughts about it. What if something goes wrong, and I need tech support? What then? 

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 09:33:17 am »
Hi Dave,
Our technical support is a bit overwhelmed these days, that's why they have not answered to you, sorry for that.
However, I am from Arturia so you can not say that you have not heard anything from us.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

dave384

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 09:58:33 am »
And I appreciate it Kevin. If tech support is overwhelmed hire someone!

dave384

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 10:03:16 am »
You have new products coming out, which means high volume tech support. France has a high unemployment rate. You do the math!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines