March 19, 2024, 03:41:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi Control Center doesn't see it, Crashes Logic and Live 9, etc...  (Read 8427 times)

alwaysuptil1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Wow.  I am SO disappointed with this software.  Where do I even begin?

Let's start with the fact that the Midi Control Center doesn't see the controller.  Even while I'm using it to play AL.   Ok, so I'll turn off every other app.  Nope.  I get the response: 'KEYBOARD PROBLEM the keyboard has not been detected.  Please correct the problem and try again'.    Don't tell me any way as to how to correct the problem.

Next, the encoders/dials on the contoller.  When I first loaded the software into Logic Pro I tried tweaking those knobs and as soon as I touched them, they would turn clockwise.  Even if I turned them counter-clockwise.  I fooled around with some options in the preferences, I don't remember which ones and it started to respond better but still quite glitchy.  After about 10-15 minutes of tweaking though, it didn't matter because it crashed the program anyway. Tried again, same thing.   

Major crash actions I've noticed is in trying to type command-z to 'undo' an action.  That crashed it right away.  The other is trying to save a new Multi.  Crash.  Same in Live. 

At this point, the software is useless which is too bad cuz I had some fun groove going there for a minute and lost it all when I wanted to save it.  Couldn't re-create the sound cuz I couldn't re-trace my creative footsteps. 

I'm waiting for SparkLE to arrive in the mail from B&H (it's on back-order).  I hope it's more stable than this product.

berto1954

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I'm having all the same problems. I'm about three heartbeats away from taking it back to the store for a refund. I've never had problems with the other Arturia stuff I have (CS80, Mg Modular, and Arp 2600), but this thing is driving me round the bend.

berto1954

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
alwaysuptil1:

I noticed you posted your message more than a week ago and so far this is nothing on this thread from Arturia. That makes me wary about the level of their customer service.

Dav1d

Regarding this problem:
'KEYBOARD PROBLEM the keyboard has not been detected.  Please correct the problem and try again'.
This error happens only on MAC, please reboot you MAC, don't unplug the MiniLab and then (after the reboot) you will be able to use your Midi Control center.
We are working on a solution.

For the Encoder Problems, this can be related to the "Relative MODE" versus the "Absolute MODE"
To switch Between them, you must do;
Click on Shift+1 = Absolute MODE
Click on Shift+2 = Relative MODE

Sorry for the delay...  :-\
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 04:31:11 pm by David@Arturia »

Larjschoen3@Mac.com

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I too am having massive crashing issues.  Either in standalone while using the multi function, CRASH or in Ableton 8 in VST mode, CRASH.  It really is frustrating because like Berto1954 said you get a cool groove inspired and then CRASH!

This would be an awesome product if it simply worked!  I was really looking at Spark Le, but after reading about it and its crashing and high CPU usage, I cannot spend my hard earned money on crap that will just frustrate me.

Arturia, please figure these issues out.  There is such potential here!

Andy
www.soundcloud.com/mind2grooveratio

Macbook Pro / 2,26 Intel / 8 GB / Ableton 8
Macbook Pro 2.26 ghz, 8 gb intel / Ableton 8 / Minlab etc.

BASSKRUSADR

Re: Midi Control Center doesn't see it, Crashes Logic and Live 9, etc...
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 02:50:38 am »
Regarding this problem:
'KEYBOARD PROBLEM the keyboard has not been detected.  Please correct the problem and try again'.
This error happens only on MAC, please reboot you MAC, don't unplug the MiniLab and then (after the reboot) you will be able to use your Midi Control center.
We are working on a solution.

For the Encoder Problems, this can be related to the "Relative MODE" versus the "Absolute MODE"

Sorry for the delay...  :-\

I'm seeing the error message that you claimed above is Mac-only, but I'm in Win8 x64... =\

I'd really like to play with the mapping on this.  Other than that, the keyboard is awesome...

edpdx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 06:20:27 am »
Hi everyone,

I have been really tried to stay positive and hopeful that Arturia will resolve not only this problem but many more. Here are a list of problems I have been dealing with:

1.- Keyboard will not be detected under Windows 8 upon starting the laptop.

2.-Whenever I manage to have windows recognize minilab other problems ensue:

a.) Knobs are slooooow.
         b.) It crashes when saving presets under VST mode within Sonar X2.
         c.) I get a runtime error while trying to use it under stand alone mode.
         d.) I get a lot of stuck notes.

I have contacted Arturia several times and posted more than a few post regarding these issues. There was an update on the software but in my case, the problems got worse, so I had to revert back to 1.0.

ARTURIA pleaseeee pay attention and follow through with fixing these issues.

edpdx!
http://macjams.com/artist/edpdx

danielberkman@mac.com

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 05:26:07 pm »
I'm having all the same issues with Mini Lab!
What really bothers me is no response from Arturia! And no phone number! Please, Arturia! At least respond to our issues, even if you don't have a solution. At least that way we feel in the loop and that you care about your customers.

Charles R

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 09:00:25 pm »
If I can chime in here. I put a ticket in for this issue--- I cannot switch between relative and absolute mode- and there is not an option to do it in the MMC
Is there a solution???

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines