March 19, 2024, 08:50:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bought used...  (Read 5848 times)

Jumbicat

Bought used...
« on: May 14, 2013, 05:12:38 am »
I like the clever little challenge in the registration process to join the forum....Had to do a web search to find the answers.

I've read most of the registration issues and the issue I have is I bought my unit off eBay.  It was a "Sold as is" since the USB port was damaged.  After 5 minutes pulling the broken part out and hard wiring a USB dongle, the unit seems to be working just fine. (got lucky that there was no damage to the unit)  I got the keyboard, Analog Player CD, and the manual all in a box that had Guitar Center stickers all over it but no registration card. What a surprise...

I sent technical support a email asking if the hardware/software could be transferred.  I tried using the serial number on the bottom of the unit but it comes back as bad.

Unlike the others, I could care less about Analog Player because the keyboard by its self works great as a midi controller.  And it does quite well with Dimension Pro, Rapture, Native Instruments vst's, Sonar X2 Pro. Pro Tools.  I thought it would be nice to have a working copy of Analog Player but not going to lose any sleep over not having it. I downloaded the Analog Factory a few years ago and really liked the voices.  I'm assuming "player" is the same if not more than factory? I half expect the answer I'll get is I have to buy another copy of Analog Player... hope not.

I don't expect a answer anytime soon but I thought posting the question on the forum, I might get the short answer.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Jumbicat

Re: Bought used...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 01:53:10 am »
Overnight I got a reply. As I thought, I bought the hardware....not the software.  Looking into software packages.
Great little controller.
Mark

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines