March 28, 2024, 10:25:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Buzz, No Sound and very important gig to play in 5 days!!!  (Read 2416 times)

Vitja

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Hi!

I owned the Minibrute for 2 months now and is a perfect for me.
Today I stopped working  :-\
I power it up and it was working fine for half a hour and then just something happened...
Green octave light went off and the two orange lights led up and sound was gone and there was just buzzzz.

I turn it off and on again. I felt lucky for a brief moment, for a time the green light was there (for about 1 second) and than back to 2 orange lights.

I tried everything...

There is that buzz going on and if I crank up the volume I get additional noise, but nothing seems to work.

The green lights of envelopes are not flashing if you play a note, the octave switches are not working, I tryed gate source... nothing.

So I went home and opened it for the second time. First time it was well known key problem (which I had to fix it by myself, I was in a hurry for a gig!!! No problem, still glued and working fine) I thought that it has to do with ribbon connection of a keyboard (that was only thing that I disconnected when I was repairing keyboard). Nothing. I also checked the fuse, seems fine (anyway... If there is noise and lights, fuse must be fine).
I have no time to send it back to thomann or wherever, I have a really important gig in 5 days and without it I can't play it! Damn.  >:(

Does anyone had the same problem?

Bruno, any clue ?

Thanx

Vitja

Vitja

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Buzz, No Sound and very important gig to play in 5 days!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 11:44:32 pm »
Huh!

It was the power supply!!!  ;D
I found one, that had identical specifications (modem power supply) and everything works great!
I just play it for half an hour and I'm so happy that it is working.
I'm in love with this synth!

tertior

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 11:23:18 am »
Strange; if you can test the old adaptator and say me the value ; whether you have a multimeter of course.

Vitja

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 01:26:06 am »
I ran out of battery on multimeter. Yes, it is really strange. But most important, it is just adapter :D

xsingy

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2013, 12:06:13 am »
I had exactly the same problem. And the same solution worked! Switched to old AC adapter with the same specs (12v, 1A) - works like a charm!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines