March 19, 2024, 08:10:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Controller not recognized  (Read 32480 times)

jasonduerr

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Controller not recognized
« on: May 07, 2013, 09:35:53 pm »
Analog Lab installed - running - makes sounds
Registered / Activated
MCC_Mac running in background

Analog Lab set to MiniLab / Sync

Nothing

Not recognized

MiniLab does the little LED wake up dance routine when plugged in
Pads respond (LED) when touched

And I can't reference a manual, because a minilab manual does not exist.

Can you please help?

rlawrentz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Controller not recognized
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 10:15:56 pm »
I am having the same issue(s).  The Controller SW is not seeing the MiniLab on the USB bus - yet it plays the MinLab SW and other soft synths??

rbocquier

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 07:04:51 pm »
Hi Jason,

First there is a link for MiniLab manual at bottom of this page: http://www.arturia.com/minilab-start.html

Second, you need to activate MiniLab in "Setup|Audio MIDI Settings..." menu

Hope this helps
Robert
Arturia team

lukewilliams828@gmail.com

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 04:01:01 pm »
I am also having the same problem with the MIDI Control Center not recognizing my keyboard and I've tried all the same stuff. Nothing seems to work

minilab.rat

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 07:45:02 pm »
I have a similar issue after I connected registered etc., I seen "update firmware" and proceeded to do so but apparently it wasn't needed. Now it works with Garageband but not with the Arturia software. I believe it showed a firmware of 2.2.2 and now I'm guessing the process erased all firmware and it now it says 0.0.0 I contacted support and submitted a request to restore the firmware about 6 days ago. I'm positive I goofed and it's all my fault being more of a newbie, non-musician/DJ and a computer guy learning this stuff at my own pace. However, I can't seem to find any solution and I should've contacted Sweetwater's own technical department which is my next move. Unless someone else here posts a fix I'll follow up with anything I find.

edpdx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 06:26:25 pm »
I got a minilab keyboard a few days ago and when I tried to register the product it said - registration code already in system - So! instead of waiting around to get an answer from Arturia, I returned the unit and got a new one from GC.

This new keyboard worked at the registration process, hooray! But after following all the installation steps I was confronted with the same problem mentioned on this thread. Seems like a lot of people are having the same issue.

I hope that Arturia addresses this issue and others in a timely manner. A few months ago I bought the Arturia Player and had to return it because of a similar problem. When I posted my concerned in the forums, I was given "bad Karma" by someone. I find it rather childish to give someone that kind of feedback instead of addressing the issue.

I would really like to be able to get resolution on this issue and be able to enjoy what seems to be an awesome product.

ed.

Acer I3, Windows 8, 6gb Ram, Presonus audiobox.
http://macjams.com/artist/edpdx

Dav1d

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 03:05:30 pm »
Lets get a fresh start,

In order to make sure the Keyboard is well not detected, please do as follow:
For Windows Only,
When you plug the MiniLab the first time, you are supposed to see a little rectangle in bottom right of your screen, that says if the driver is installed or not.
If not:
1/ Open the Control Panel
2/ Under Audio and Material open the device Manager
3/ Deploy the usb bus controller
4/ Plug and unplug your MiniLab several times (the list is supposed to refresh)

If still a problem, try with another usb port, or with another usb Cable.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 10:42:04 am by David@Arturia »

Dav1d

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 03:58:38 pm »
For MAC:
So the work around is:

• try to keep the keyboard always plugged in
  • if need arises to plug it in while computer is on, insure that no MIDI application is running beforehand
  • should the keyboard locks itself anyway, it can be unlocked this way:
    • exit all MIDI applications (MIDI Control Center, Analog Lab, any DAW, MIDI Monitor...)
    • unplug the keyboard for at least 5s
    • plugged it in again

Please also note this doesn't prevent from using the keyboard with several applications at the same time. Restriction applies only at connect time.

edpdx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 05:46:17 pm »
Hi there,

This morning I posted an updated response to my frustration on a promptly response by Arturia. Some how my posting never showed up on the thread....mmm! Am I being censored? Or perhaps they monitor the posting and wait for approval? I would really like to get a straight answer on this matter. Thanks!

Moving on!.....

I have found a solution as to why the minilab will not work under Windows 8!

The problem is that Windows only recognizes or allows 10 usb ports, and after that it will not allow more devices to show up or work for that matter.

Here a link that shows step by step on how to address and fix this problem! BTY This is a new updated link to the article

http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Technology-Computers/Solving-the-Windows-MIDI-Port-Problem/ba-p/34667124

Hope that this helps out fellow Windows 8 users!

I am so exited that I have found the solution to this problem and that I can finally enjoy this awesome product.

edpdx
http://macjams.com/artist/edpdx
http://www.icompositions.com/artists/edpdx
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:11:24 pm by edpdx »

edpdx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 08:38:55 pm »
Hi everyone,

I would like to know if anyone has been able to fix the problem under W8, following the solution provided on the link that I have provided.

Thanks!
Let me know.

edpdx!

gianlorenzo.mungiovino@gm

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 12:55:33 am »
Hi everyone! I got same issues with iPad. The minilab is powered (via USB camera adapter), but it cannot be recognized. I tried also to connect it to an iMac and had same problems. Both in the iPad and iMac appears "this device absorb too much energy". For now really don't know what to do.
The funniest thing is that until some time ago it had worked good and now mysteriously no more

Dav1d

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 02:38:21 pm »
To test this, you can also use MIDI Monitor Application:

MAC: ==> http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/
IPAD: ==> https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/midi-monitor/id395750746?mt=8

:)

AlexSpirit

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 07:55:50 pm »
Hi everybody,
I have exactly the same problem : The keyboard is not recognized by my mac.

I post a ticket to Arturia, but I think they will no answer.

I've bought 4 years ago an Analog Experience The Factory and I was exactly the same issue with the keyboard.
I thought "It was a long time, Arturia made efforts now", but nope !! Same problem with a new product.

I hesitate when Mini Brute was launched, but when I see many problems with hardware of Arturia, I'll definitely NOT buy a Mini Brute.

Hope we have an answer....

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines