March 19, 2024, 02:41:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: can the spark suit my needs  (Read 2991 times)

dyno222

can the spark suit my needs
« on: May 09, 2013, 02:50:31 am »
Hi I just picked up a uses spark off the internet. The main reason this controller caught my attention was not for beat making but because of the sequencer and the ability to devide the sequence and than loop it and make a whole bunch of mini loops from a 16 step sequence. The genre im making right now is a complex version of electo house "complextro" and a bit of electrodubstep so you can see how the loop feature can be a very useful tool for me to creat awsome rythmic bass loops that have that crazy groove style sound.   Anyways the main question I have is can I use this hardware as a type of sampler for actual samples cause from what they market it as, it should be plenty capable for normal synth and bass sample use. Problem is when I load in bass samples it seems to distort the sample badly. I dont know if its just a certain effect setting or if its a main setting iv got set wrong, or what I suspect maybe happening is the sample is stretching and compressing to try and beat match all the samples. My samples tend to be no longer than 3 seconds long. So im not to sure if this can be fixed or  if this hardware is not gona cut it but if it isnt does anyone know any type hardware that can be useful for what I need  it for which is the sequencer with the ability to manipulate the sequence by looping it and being able to set how much it devides by.

Any information is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dean

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: can the spark suit my needs
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 11:27:07 am »
Hi Dean,
did you check the mixer view to see if there are some insert fx to the track you have put your sample?
can you send me some audio examples?

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines