March 19, 2024, 07:48:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Why is SparkLE's Midi software missing functions? Hard to set up.  (Read 4057 times)

stikygum

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
SparkLE's midi control center software doesn't have the options for setting up like the regular Spark does. For example, the Spark LE software doesn't have the 'Start' and 'Stop' options when selecting Message Type or Mode as it is called on the SparkLE software. It has MMC already assigned to them instead. This software really needs a tutorial because it's not intuitive. Though, like the original, the '1-8/9-16' button doesn't allow you to access all the 16 pads. Why is it that SparkLE's software doesn't allow you to select a midi note #? If it's in Mode: Midi Note, then shouldn't it have a midi note # to choose? It just gives you CC #s to choose. It makes it harder without the #s to see what corresponds to what.

I'm not able to assign any of the pads to control Geist or Maschine like I want. Has anyone been able to set these up with Spark/SparkLE? I actually should be able to set up Geist and Maschine once I figure out which of Geist/Maschine's sounds/pads corresponds to which midi note #. Though because SparkLE is setup kind of funny, I'm not sure the SparkLE software is up to it. It would be nice if the manual gave some demonstration of setting it up.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Why is SparkLE's Midi software missing functions? Hard to set up.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 09:55:36 am »
SparkLE's midi control center software doesn't have the options for setting up like the regular Spark does. For example, the Spark LE software doesn't have the 'Start' and 'Stop' options when selecting Message Type or Mode as it is called on the SparkLE software. It has MMC already assigned to them instead.

You are right, we decided to replace MIDI start/stop/continue with MMC because it seems to be more used but we might add this in a future update if this is really needed.

This software really needs a tutorial because it's not intuitive. Though, like the original, the '1-8/9-16' button doesn't allow you to access all the 16 pads. Why is it that SparkLE's software doesn't allow you to select a midi note #? If it's in Mode: Midi Note, then shouldn't it have a midi note # to choose? It just gives you CC #s to choose. It makes it harder without the #s to see what corresponds to what.

This is a bug in the software, it shows CC number but in fact, it changes the note number when you are in Note mode.

Kevin
Soft Arturia

stikygum

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 09:59:50 pm »
I see. I can't seem to get the MMC to work for the start and stop commands. If I set the Start button to be MMC, does the CC # matter? I'm wondering what CC# to choose. But I guess I will have to find out what CC# Geist and other programs use, correct?   (I might not have my midi setup correctly for other software. Unlike Motu BPM, I don't see the option to select the Midi In ports for Geist (and setting the 'Spark Public In' assigned to it).)

I guess I will assume the CC # in Spark (that shows the Note #) will correspond to the same midi Note for SparkLE.

Can Spark's hardware only control other software if Spark is in standalone? Or can it still control other software inside of a DAW like Logic?

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 09:04:58 am »
Hi,
yes you have to use the CC # when you are in MMC mode to choose the message type.
Check this wikipedia page for more information about MMC.

If you are using Geist inside a DAW you do not have to choose the MIDI input in Geist, you have to do it in the DAW track.

You do not need to have Spark software launched to use Spark controller as a MIDI controller.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

stikygum

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 07:18:05 pm »
Ok, I think that clears it up. I will try this out and probably set it up in Logic, to have Spark control Geist that way.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines