March 28, 2024, 11:35:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: origin blue light  (Read 15482 times)

tonea

origin blue light
« on: May 03, 2013, 03:26:16 am »
Origin keyboard blue A logo light on back does not work. Have not been able to get response from arturia in a week. :'(

Philippe

Re: origin blue light
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 08:38:52 am »
David, the support guy, is working on this particular point. But understand that he also has to handle all the other cases....
Origin Lead  Developer

tonea

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 09:13:37 pm »
You see thats the problem .it seems to be to many problems

tonea

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 09:26:11 pm »
And not enough support

tonea

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 06:30:02 am »
This is unbelievable.  I just looked at the forum responses for the laast 3 years and I cannot believe all of the problems they have had with this thing one problem after another I guess sean in customer service was right. He told me the origin on tour with Rihanna and earth wind and fire works. And the one he has in his office works just fine. So it only works if you are on tour with a major act. Guys we are just not famous enough for it to work for us. We better stick with korg. Yamaha and roland.lol

tonea

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 06:50:47 am »
To bad because this thing could have been great.its really a $5000. Product bean counted down to $3000. So the $2000 difference had to be made up somewhere and they made it up in cheap encoders I tech support guy and whats so strange is they now give you a $300 hard case. So this potentialy wonderful instrument will go down in synth history as the biggest disaster since the hindenburg.

tonea

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 07:02:18 am »
One more point. This is just too good to let go. I watched the ceo. Demonstrating the origin. And he does not play the piano. Now how wacky is that how do you run company that makes synth vsts and hardware for keyboard players. And you cannot play the keyboard. Sean cannot play either. We have been hood winked does any body at arturia play keys. Thats the problem they are geaks and shisters not real musicians

tonea

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 07:11:19 am »
But the $499 minibrute and $350 spark works pretty good. But the $3000 so called flagship does not work. Listen arturia you are now in the big leagues.  Act like it. Please get your stuff together because I do like your concepts.

tonea

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 08:50:15 am »
I think the origin should be called the Medusa.  It sounds and looks so beautiful but it will eventually turn you to stone.

tonea

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 09:26:45 am »
I think I am going to keep it and give a weekly or daily reliability report on forum so every one can see what this product and company are like. First post is origin seems to work ok only locked up twice in first week of use but the blue light on back does not work I will let you know how arturia deals with this problem. Until next week. So long.

tonea

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 09:43:48 pm »
Last night for the first time . I turned the origin on and got no sound. Could not change presets at first but then I could but still no sound. Turned it off and back on and then works like it suppose to. This thing is ghosted I see problems with software talking to hardware I am guessing I am not an engeneer but you dont jave to be. Probably needs complete overhal. But they wont do it they allready vested r and d into that. Unfortunately seems the only thing they got right was the emulation.

tonea

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 09:53:17 pm »
Fortunately for me and not for others I can still return this medusa back to its cave in france. I will check it out some more. Seems like old tech inside somewhere. Reboot are you kidding me. Lol

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 12:33:44 am »
I think you've made your main point clear: you are not satisfied with Arturia and Origin. But I am not sure that it's wise to send ten or more posts with that attitude, if you wanna be taken seriously...?

Anyway with Arturia and Origin you won't surely get things like Rolands, Yamahas or Korgs, that's for sure. This is much smaller company doing great products with small team and also not so big customer support and repair service. Sometimes I've been thinking that perhaps they have too many products and they are scruwed trying to keep all of them update and working well. Reading Arturia forums confirms this.

But just to have comparison there's another great product and company which has quite similar problems: Access Virus. I happen to have Virus Ti2 Polar and I can tell that it's great piece of art but far from perfect. Just read their forum and you'll get a picture. And this company just has this one product (well few models though)! What is similar with Origin is that Virus is a very complex thing and complexity can mean also problems. Still I cannot think any replacement for my Virus or for my Origin(s). We are not living in perfect world, we have to tolerate also not perfect instruments.

This is not to say that if your new  Origin is broken then of course it must ve fixed or sent back and forget the whole thing etc. Whatever feels best...

tonea

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 01:13:03 am »
First of all I dont need you to validate or not. My stance I have a virus allso. The point is they need to get better. Simple as that pal.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 01:14:59 am »
What JaksonP said.

And I might add that the  fact that you find problem reports in these forums is a given. People don't post here just to say "My Origin works" - they post here for support and discussion. I.e. most Origins are out there working fine, only a few have problems and some of them are reported here.

BTW, your posting style is highly annoying. Try to write a single coherent posting about one issue, and try not to insult those you seek support from.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines