March 28, 2024, 03:19:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arpeggiator retrigger problem  (Read 3628 times)

bobby68

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Arpeggiator retrigger problem
« on: January 28, 2013, 06:21:14 pm »
When I set the arpeggiator to hold, play a note and take my hands of the keyboard, then sometimes (very often, most of the notes actually!) the arpeggiator restarts when I play a new note, and the rhythm sort of skips, if I'm not very precise to play the new note exactly on the beat.

A very simple example: Set the arpeggiator to Hold, start a simple onenote sequence, then play the same key several times with varying timing, and ideally the arpeggio/rhythm should not be affected. But it does, restarts the arpeggio nearly any time I hit the key again.

This way I can't use "Hold", unfortunately. But I know the arpeggiator is digital, so I hope it's a bug that can be sortet out.

Otherwise I love my Minibrute  ;D

dalasv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Arpeggiator retrigger problem
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 02:21:41 am »
The advantage of this is that it makes it easier to stay in time with a band.

bobby68

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 09:00:41 am »
The advantage of this is that it makes it easier to stay in time with a band.

That's true. But this can be done by not using hold. Everytime you release the keys(s), and take a new note, the arpeggiator will restart.

When using the "Hold" feature, the sequence should just run, and only affect the pitch of the sequence, when pushing the keys.

For exsample, I can sync the MiniBrute to my Korg Monotribe (Gate out to Sync In on the Tribe). Everytime the arpeggiator plays a note, the Monotribe advance a step on it's own sequence.
But as it is now, when i push a key, to change the pitch of the arpeggio, the Monotribe will jump a step, and the sync is lost.

It also make it impossible to make a proper mechanical sequence with the arpeggiator, as the timing is lost when I hit a new key, to change the pitch.

But of course, if the arpeggiator is only used to start a sequence, and then only turn knobs, one will never know.
But I'm a player, and the arpeggiator use useless as it is now, unfortunately  :(

I have a MidiPal, from Mutable Instruments, and that could take care of my arpeggiator needs, but then the MiniBrute needs the "Local Off" feature, but that is promised in a future firmware update.

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 11:50:50 am »
if you sync you minibrute with an external midi clock, the arp will play notes only on a beat. I guess it's what you are looking for.
In free mode you definitely need to reset the arp on the first note, otherwise it may be unplayable at low tempo.You note could be delayed for more tha a second. In free mode it's the player duty to hit the first key in time. Like any other musical instrument.

Hope it will help.
regards
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Boobtron

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 08:12:28 pm »
Is it possible to have an option in the firmware to strap the arp down in case people like to play that way?  Also, is there a way for the minibrute to not double the high and low notes in the up/down  setting?

Sorry, one more...is the, or will there ever be a way to sequence a pattern of notes in the arp so that it can repeat a specific melody?

I love my minibrute!!  Thank you Arturia!!  I use my Mg lp and minibrute together and never want to leave my office :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines