March 28, 2024, 10:17:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Laboratory Keyboard not selectable  (Read 2270 times)

davidk42

Analog Laboratory Keyboard not selectable
« on: March 23, 2013, 08:47:51 pm »
I'm using Win7 (SP1) 64bit on a Sweetwater Creation Station.  I recently bought Analog Laboratory Experience (running version 1.5.2) and, although it installed correctly and was working for a couple of days, I seem to have done something (I don't know what...it certainly wasn't anything obvious like installing new software) that has caused the keyboard to not be selectable (and it's only partly recognized).
  • The keyboard does NOT show up under "Sound, video and game controllers" in the Device Manager (although it used to).
  • When I go to the "Audio and MIDI Settings" under setup in the standalone app, the keyboard is listed in the "active midi inputs" (along with the various other MIDI inputs in my system) but nothing on this list is actually selectable (they are all greyed out and, as you'd expect, clicking on them does nothing. (BTW, I'm testing this with the standalone to keep things simple but it also happens when run as a VST under Cakewalk Sonar X2).
  • BTW, if I use the on-screen virtual keyboard in the app, the instrument plays with no problem.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software but this hasn't helped.

I found an article in the Arturia Knowledge Base titled "Windows refuses to recognize the Player/Factory/Laboratory MIDI keyboard, the driver is not detected." but that says to look for the file wdma_usb.inf "somewhere on your disk" and copy it to c:\windows\inf but a) I have this file in 3 different locations and b) one of those locations is c:\windows\inf so that does nothing for me.

Anybody else having this sort of problem?  Any ideas?

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Re: Analog Laboratory Keyboard not selectable
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 11:59:32 pm »
I currently have a ticket open with a similar issue using Sonar 8 Producer Edition.
I'll be watching this post, and if I acquire a productive resolution, I'll send it your way also.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines