March 19, 2024, 12:13:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: imini & Tabletop: Mypreset folder is empty  (Read 4094 times)

ricdim

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
imini & Tabletop: Mypreset folder is empty
« on: April 26, 2013, 10:59:17 am »
Hello,

I'm using iMini running on iPad2, last iOS version updated.
When I load iMini into Tabletop the MyPreset folder looks empty.

Eg.:
1- I define a new preset into iMini
2- I save it into MyPreset->Sinth
3- If I try to load it using iMini in standalone (no TableTop) I find the just saved setting.
4- If I try to load it using iMini inside Tabletop, I cannot find any preset under the "MyPreset" folder.

Hope it is clear,
Thanks,
Riccardo.

gmtfd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: imini & Tabletop: Mypreset folder is empty
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 12:37:16 pm »
As far as I can see, the iMini standalone app and the iMini app within Tabletop are totally separate from each other, i.e. you have two versions of the same app stored on your iPad. More annoying than this is the fact that I can't see any way to cut and paste presets from one version to another. Grrr...

Gareth

gmtfd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: imini & Tabletop: Mypreset folder is empty
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 01:47:59 pm »
I thought I had found a way round this, but I was wrong  :(

iMini stores user patches in a file called ARTURIA_MY_PRESETS.minibank, which you can see if you go into the File Sharing section of iTunes and select iMini. The Tabletop version of iMini ('Tabletop iMini') uses a file of the same name, which can be found by going into File Sharing and selecting Tabletop.

You would think that you would be able to transfer your sounds from iMini to Tabletop iMini simply by replacing Tabletop iMini's .minibank file with iMini's one. However, this doesn't work. Even if I reboot my iPad then restart Tabletop, the patches in Tabletop iMini's 'My Presets' remain the same.

I had been hoping to get around iMini's Audiobus problems by recreating my sequences (composed in BeatMaker 2) in Tabletop, then ACPing them from there into BM2. But if I can't copy my patches, this isn't going to work.

If anyone from Arturia is reading this: please, we desperately need an update! iMini is a fantastic-sounding app, but what's the point if we can't actually use it with other music production apps?

Gareth

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines