April 19, 2024, 01:16:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Introductions: New Here.  (Read 2437 times)

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Introductions: New Here.
« on: April 23, 2013, 12:33:17 am »
Hi, my name is Tony.  I hail from Federal Way, Washington, by way of the Cherokee Nation.

I'm primarily a guitar player, but an huge analog synth/prog rock buff, Rush/Saga/Genesis/Dream Theater, etc...

I just sold my Alesis QS7 after 14 years, because I love the workflow I used to have with my Juno 106.  I've been eyeing the Lab-49 for some time & finally found a used one at Guitarget. 

I'm looking forward to recording with my Lab-49 using Sonar Producer, and will likely pull from all of your expertise.  This is now my "Go To" Synth rig, along with some stuff here & there from Emu E-3, and the Kontact FM7, although I imagine not having much use for the latter after digging in to the Aruria.

Our music is something that I would describe as Alter-Native.  We're a hard rock/metal band with a prog edge, from an indigineous perspective/experience, and a Christian world view.  Definitely the road lesser travelled.  Imagine Queensryche/Fates Warning/Alice In Chains/ all wrapped into one group, born on the rez.  That's a hint of what we're like.  Others describe us as Red Metal. 

Thanks for having me.

Excited Analog Fanboy.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines