Hi, hopefully I'm wrong, but I think my VCA is dead. The MB worked ok for a while (less than 5hrs turned on) then this am it went quiet.. It's not moved, it just sat there, one day it worked the next it didn't. I'm using the official PSU.
Here's the situation:-
1) As I switch on the MB I hear a low rumble for 2-3 secs. I've checked the cable into my mixing desk, it works fine
2) I've set up the simple patch on page 15 of the manual (it used to work ok anyway, but I went back to this as a test)
3) There is no sound from the main out or headphones
4) the MB is sending CV out, I can hear pitch changes to my modular VCO
5) I've attached the gate out into a modular VCA, and tried into the Clock in of a Doepfer A-152 addressed T&H switch (which I expect would cycle through the outs if a gate was incoming)
6) I've updated the MB firmware (just in case)
7 Midi out is working, I can see it in Logic
Midi in is working, I can hear the CV out change my modular VCO pitch, but still no sound from the MB
Please can somebody help? It looks like the MB is not generating gates, hence no notes through the VCA? To make matters worse I bought the MB in Paris, and live in Moscow! :-0
Many thanks for any suggestions, if this is self fixable I'll be happy to have a go as returning it will be a nightmare.