March 19, 2024, 04:52:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: playback of MIDI through spark VST in ableton  (Read 4612 times)

nateybird

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
playback of MIDI through spark VST in ableton
« on: March 04, 2013, 05:09:31 pm »

- I arm a MIDI track to record a performance I play on the Spark hardware controller.
- I hit record and play on ableton, play a beat, and it writes the midi of my performance to the track in Ableton, visible in piano roll.
- I then play back the recorded performance and it does not reproduce my performance.
- I tried adjusting various settings in preferences to no avail.
- it's def spark w issue, as i dragged another vst onto the track and it plays fine.

HOW do I get MIDI that I recorded into Ableton from Spark hardware controller pads to sound the Spark VST when I play it back?

Seb

• Tech-Support
Re: playback of MIDI through spark VST in ableton
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 09:18:29 am »
Did you make sure your Spark track recieves midi from the midi track on which you recorded your midi data?
Did you turn off the "Host" button at the top of the Spark GUI, to prevent Spark from playing its own internal sequencer?

Turning off the "host" button and placing your midi recording on the Spark track should do what you want. Or you can switch the midi track where you recorded from "in" to "auto", switch your Spark track to "in" and route your midi track's output to the Spark track.

nateybird

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 06:48:58 pm »
THANK YOU!  But problem persists

Did you make sure your Spark track recieves midi from the midi track on which you recorded your midi data? THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO ACCOMPLISH> THIS IS WHAT I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO>

Did you turn off the "Host" button YES

Or you can switch the midi track where you recorded from "in" to "auto", switch your Spark track to "in" and route your midi track's output to the Spark track. I TRIED THIS BUT MAYBE NOT SUCCESSFULLY CAN YOU DUMB THIS DOWN?

Additionally, i set the private in and out according to the manual for VST usage to no avail.

Any other recommendations? :-/ this is really frustrating - i dont think it should be this difficult

Seb

• Tech-Support
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 09:26:08 am »
Try this

If you managed to record MIDI (MIDI notes) from Spark into another MIDI track, then you're all good. All you need to do is grab the clip that was recorded on the MIDI track, put it on your Spark track (the MIDI track is not useful anymore), remove the "Host" button in Spark - or - choose an empty pattern in Spark, and play the clip in Live.

Turning off "Host" will make sure that Spark doesn't start its sequencer when you play the Ableton sequencer (because you only want to play back your performance)

What exactly is wrong? No sound coming out of Spark? Something else?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines