March 19, 2024, 06:03:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia's synths GUI (poll)  (Read 2049 times)

mauronedj

• Beta-testers
Arturia's synths GUI (poll)
« on: April 07, 2013, 10:42:25 am »
This thread was born from a post in another topic, I'll quote below the content
The bigger resolution would be great on newer screens. But the cost of this is really big, and I think the unison would be a better addition to the oberheim for approwimately the same cost.
and in general AAX too.
I'm sorry but I must disagree with that! All of us work on bigger screen on in Live with a Laptop (mac or pc).
In the live situation no one (I think) will make it's own preset on the fly, just tweacks the pre-constructed one's (maybe with a dedicated controller and a bunch of knobs), so I think it's not a big problem at all for the smaller screens! (personally I close the popup vst windows and work only with the controller).

For the bigger screen (when you're in the studio), when we're making presets, even if we have automap or a dedicated controller we just really can't buil a preset from scratch without see the GUI!

With a 1900x1200 screen I barely see all the knobs and switches (just try to edit the CS80 or the Jupiter and you'll see what I mean).

I think that improve your old vst's it's better than create new ones, you have Spark, the best and beautiful Drum Machine nowadays, but all the people that I speak are afraid of using it in a live situations because the fear all the bugs in it!

You could improve your old vst's and release a new major update, version 2 of all of them, and I think that we will all agree to pay an upgrade fee for that, or stay with the old version!
Think about that, it's just an opinion by one of your customer, I own all of your products and I was very happy to try out your beta.
Sorry for my little english, I hope you'll understand my point!
Sincerely,
Mauro.

What do you think? Would you agree to pay the cost of a massive V-Collection upgrade?
Mauro.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines