March 19, 2024, 12:29:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: License restrictions  (Read 3013 times)

arturiadontbug

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
License restrictions
« on: March 25, 2013, 07:58:09 pm »
In the last days I searched for a small keyboard and favorited Arturia Factory (I also very much liked the demo sounds I heard so far in different reviews), so I was very close to buying one until I read about the license restriction of running the software on one computer only.
I have only a few music software bought up to now, namely Reaper, GuitarRig and Addictive Drums.
All of those I can run on my standalone PC as well as on my MacBook when I'm on the go (albeit not at the same time which is fine with me).

Now I've read that the Arturia software can only be activated on exactly one machine. When I crash that machine, I would need to beg Arturia for giving me an additional activation. There's no way having the Arturia software run on my PC as well as the Macbook. And no, I don't want to cripple my mobile macbook with an usb dongle that is likely to accidently get broken...

That's somehow sad, I really favorited the Arturia product but I want to use it on my PC and some times on my laptop  :'(

kcearl

Re: License restrictions
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 02:25:32 am »
eh no...youre mistaken :)

How to use my instrument(s) on several computers?
The use of the USB-eLicenser is imperative in this case. Your instrument(s) will run on any computer on which:

the latest version of the instrument is installed,
    the latest version of the eLCC is installed,
    the USB-eLicenser is plugged into.

If you did not download your license(s) on the hardware dongle at first activation, you still can transfer onto through a simple drag-and-drop within the eLicenser Control Center.

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/support/syncrosoft.html
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:28:55 am by kcearl »

arturiadontbug

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 04:41:31 pm »
I was already aware of the USB thing and once you use it, it's required to have it plugged in for the rest of your usage time, therefore I wrote:
...And no, I don't want to cripple my mobile macbook with an usb dongle that is likely to accidently get broken...

Or do you refer to something else?

Dav1d

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 09:05:44 am »
Technically, you can get another code, just send me a PM
 :)

arturiadontbug

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 12:26:12 pm »
Hi David, thanks for your offer, good to know.
Unfortunately I already went with a different vendor.  :'(
If I had known that offering in advance... Anyway, probably other potential interested people might benefit :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines