March 19, 2024, 02:37:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer recording issues in Logic  (Read 2307 times)

charles

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Sequencer recording issues in Logic
« on: March 29, 2013, 07:37:29 pm »
Hello,
I read all the posts in the forum related to troubles in logic with Spark but did not find an answer that would solve my problem. Please excuse me if in any case I missed it...
(One last thing, please excuse my english, i'm french, as so maybe some of the terms I use can be a bad translation as everything in logic is in french for me)

My problem is that I can't get to record the Spark sequencer in logic.

I've watched the videos about how to set everything up and read my manual.
So up to now here is my setup :
I've created the IAC Driver - created a port named "Spark1 Midi OUT" (english names for all of it)
I've been to the logic environment window where the Sum is connected to the sequencer (through the entered notes, and the presentation notes module). It's my understanding that if the Sum is connected then all the ports are. Still I also tried adding a cable linking Spark1 Midi OUT to the sequencer. When my controller is connected I also linked the "spark Private IN" to a newly created instrument linked to nothing else.

When I go in the Spark AU I still get the error message "Warning Midi ports" about the Private IN and OUT anyways.

When I turn the pad recording ON everything is working fine. I can record what I play in Logic.
But when I turn the sequencer ON (with pads OFF or ON) nothing happens. Unless the "Host" is turned ON and that messes everything up. It records a strange sequence of notes, kind of doubled and out of sync. And as I understand it should stay OFF anyway.
The "Tempo" is always turned ON.

The sequencer recording isn't working with or without my controller connected.

I just don't get why the pad recording would work and not the sequencer ? Maybe am I recording the pads for the controller itself and not through IAC driver and Spark AU ? If so I don't know how to arrange that.

I'm currently using Spark 1.5 and it says my controller version is 1.1.2.2

So I either record what spark plays as audio or by dragging patterns... but it's not a great solution.

(For information my setup includes a Novation Remote SL and it's automap server. If that is relevant. Even if the problem happens weither it's connected or not)

Thanks for your help...

Charles

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Sequencer recording issues in Logic
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 11:35:28 am »
Hi,
Concerning the warning, if you have correctly followed the instructions on this video, just click on the "Don't see this message again" button.

Concerning MIDI record, can you send me a screenshot of Spark preferences and Audio MIDI Setup IAC Driver (it should be like the ones I have attached).

One question, after recording from pad, is Spark correctly playing back what you have recorded?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

charles

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 03:03:15 pm »
Thanks for your reply.
Here are the two screenshots but I'm afraid everything is the same...

About the warning I did everything as in the video, so I guess it's alright.

About the pads. Yes, if I record the pads and play them, they are correctly recorded and the playback works great on that part.

charles

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 07:53:58 am »
No idea about what could be going wrong ?  :-\

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 02:10:16 pm »
Hi,
I noticed that you do not use the lates version.
Please try with 1.6.1 and let me know if you still have the problem.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines