March 19, 2024, 10:44:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: iPad remote for Origin  (Read 6712 times)

Airfleet

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
iPad remote for Origin
« on: March 28, 2013, 06:24:20 pm »
I have a wish to get the possibility to Controll the origin Screen with my iPAd, this would be beautiful.

Think some people will be interessted in this.

So you should get a solution to share the origin screen in a higher resolution on the ipad an support the retina screen with his touch screen possibilities.

:)

chears andRé

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Re: iPad remote for Origin
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 10:34:58 am »
I am one of those interested people  ;)

But iPad app should definetily have also librarian features. As I have said at least hundred times, managing presets and checking new sound banks is pain with Origin. It should be fixed asap. Both with Origin connection app and possibly with new iPad app.

I'd suggest an idea of a "virtual multi" or "virtual program". You could choose a multi or program preset from your library (in your computer or in your iDevice) and you could play it without need (permanently) save it to your Origin memory. Simple as that. Many of those presets use also sequences and this would really help with managing them also. This simple idea would keep your Origin clean: only those presets you need very often. Also, this would help using Origin with some spesific DAW projects which use some special multi(s). All this is really painful now. (Maybe there are users who have accepted this current way, but I happen to have other synths which have so much useful way of managing presets. And one of them is 200euros Microkorg XL. This makes me mad very often: Why this over 2000 euros marvelous synth is so stupid with preset managing?)

One more thing with iPad app: could it be used with USB from Origin to iPad with camera connection kit? I quite sure this is possible.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:38:54 am by JacksonP »

rmm123

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 01:37:46 am »
An Ipad remote or connection would be a fantastic addition.  Someone should get hat started but perhaps there aren't enough Origin users out there to support such an app.

Superwaldi

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 11:12:21 am »
An iPad App for the Origin would highly be appreciated here.

But thinking more realistic, I see that Arturia dropped the development of the Origin. No updated manual since YEARS, last firmware update is from beginning of this year. I haven't mentioned the milestones timeline, which was a joke from the beginning.

And I will never stop to repeat this, because I still feel cheated by their made promises.

rmm123

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 11:28:29 pm »
I think this is reflected in the fact that the stores in Australia are now heavily discounting these units as they are just not moving.  Pity

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines