March 19, 2024, 02:59:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: War of the Worlds Sound-Collage  (Read 5808 times)

u.n.i.t.e.d

War of the Worlds Sound-Collage
« on: October 07, 2013, 06:05:45 pm »
Here is an old Track from me wich i want to share. It´s a Sound-Collage from the War of the Worlds radio drama from Orson Welles wich provokes a alleged masspanic in 1938 when the debut performance was transmitted in the U.S.A. I´ve tried to give the original radio drama, a deeper atmosphere, by using Synthesizer-soundscapes and Samples, wich wasn´t able to do in the past, but to keep the expressiveness from the 1938 version. All samples/sounds was triggered/played live, so please excuse some little faults
https://soundcloud.com/u-n-i-t-e-d/war-of-the-worlds-soundcollage

(most of the Synth/fx-sounds are from the Origin)

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
Re: War of the Worlds Sound-Collage
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 06:44:06 pm »
This is really cool! So which sounds are Origin - like the distant explosions and the mechanical drone at the end?

u.n.i.t.e.d

Re: War of the Worlds Sound-Collage
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 07:49:17 pm »
Thank you:-) That is abit difficult to say because the track is an old one. What i´m sure about is at the end the vocoderlike Voice that i have modulate with a bodeshifter+arp ringmodulator. Yet when i think more about the instruments that i´ve used, then there are not the most sounds from the Origin:-) What i remember:The  synthsounds are from my Waldorf MicroQ and MicrowaveXT, the effectsounds are samples or Sounds from my Korg Electribe ESX and Elektron Machinedrum.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines