March 28, 2024, 09:46:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problem with Spark pattern instruments  (Read 2932 times)

gesundheit84

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Problem with Spark pattern instruments
« on: September 03, 2012, 05:18:49 pm »
Hi guys,
i'm writing because i have a serious problem!(at least for me  :'( )
I need your wise help...i can't change different instruments in different patterns!for example if i use a snare on pattern 1 and i want to use another snare on pattern 2 i can't!!!because spark use always the same snare on all patters in each bank.
Yesterday i tried to change some pitch notes to make a bridge from pattern 11 to 12 but Spark changed notes to all the patterns...but not rhythmics  ???
This is a serious problem for me because i produce elektro music and i need to apply different changes inside the same song!is this possible on a pro drum like this???
Please HELP ME!!!
Thank you
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 05:26:22 pm by gesundheit84 »

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Problem with Spark pattern instruments
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 09:11:20 am »
To do that you have to use Pitch automation.
Go in the Sequencer view then open the automation for the chosen instrument.
Choose the Pitch automation and write the value you want for the pattern at the first step.

It should do the job.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

storoi90

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 01:58:52 pm »
i actually have the same question.

Is it even possible to have more then 16 instruments spread out on the 4 banks and 64 patterns?

It really should be like when you changed patterns, you could have other instruments on that pattern as well. To do this i guess you would have to have separate mixers for all of the 64 patterns in total, but it would really be a great way to expand Spark to a new level.

How about we put this option in to your next update? :):)

gesundheit84

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 07:53:20 pm »
Yeah Storoi's right!!!It should be possible, it's an important function!You should be free to change patterns using different instruments so to give emphesys to your songs!!!
Nowadays i can't believe this is not possible on Arturia Spark! >:(

storoi90

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 12:24:17 pm »
Exactly!

I donīt see the point of having 90+ Kits or whatever, when you can only use 1 at the time for each song? And i know you could change instruments back and forth on one pad, but that totally ruins the workflow, and it doesnīt change the fact that you have to redo settings in the Mix-window all the time to fit your other kit(s).

What i do now is i have to pick one kit, record it in spark, then drag it in to audio in to my DAW, in order to have multiple kits active. What if i wanna make a fill? well then iīm stuck with the pieces from the kit i selected for that song..
Unless i use multiple RTAS versions of Spark, and letīs face it, that completely sucks up all of the remaining CPU-power (and i have a high-end Imac), there is no way around this today as i see it.

I used the Neo Kit now for instance, and i wanted some acoustic drums as well in my song, so i then had to go back and forth inside Spark. Changing settings in the Mix-channel all the time.. itīs really a hassle..

Please Arturia guys, fix this in your next update !

« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:25:55 pm by storoi90 »

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 01:38:38 pm »
Hi Storoi,
I got your point. This is something I personally would like to improve in the future.
Unfortunately, this is not an easy thing to do this kind of change.
So this won't be for the next update (which should be released this month hopefully).

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

svedo

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 10:29:28 pm »
i have this problem too...in this moment i can't use the spark for play live sets  or just for product something really interesting for my opinion. it's a great software machine with great possibilites and sounds but this propriety is necessary!!! please need an update !!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Seb

• Tech-Support
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 11:28:08 am »
For Ableton Live users, here is a nice workaround to be able to load a new project without having an audio dropout.

It doesn't allow you to change the instruments for each pattern, but you can copy a project, change the instruments you want, and then use this technique to go from one project to another without any dropouts.

It actually works quite well, and I will soon be making a video to show you how it is done.

svedo

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 08:15:22 pm »
ok SEB thank u!! i'm waiting for yr video!

Seb

• Tech-Support
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 09:04:17 am »
I forgot to share the actual post, by the way. Here it is.

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=12551.msg31730#msg31730

Video is in the works.

Cheers!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines