March 19, 2024, 07:27:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Virtual midi and Audiobus support  (Read 17205 times)

atomtwist

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Virtual midi and Audiobus support
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 12:47:30 pm »
Hi Dan.
My current workfow is as follows:

1. I connect the apps that i want to record, to audiobus. (like AniMg, Sunrizer, Beatmaker, etc)
2. Then I record tracks into Cubasis.
  ---- The cool thing is, that with all the virtual Midi Options available, its possible to control e.g. aniMg with cubasis, record the midi, quantize or edit it and then playback cubasis(controlling aniMg) and record the audio of aniMg while tweaking parameters(x,y pad) in the aniMg UI.
----- or use aniMg as a midi controller for other instruments.
------ or use cubasis to control stepPolyArp, which controls aniMg, which gets recorded by cubasis(midi or audio or both)
-----or using Konkreet Performer via virtual midi with sunrizer and record it via cubasis. (This combination would be incredible powerful with iMini !!!)

3. I use my Audio Interface Output(to)Input to record the Apps that don't support Audiobus (iMini, iMPC, Mellotronic etc.).
4. After recording the virtual instruments and arranging a little bit I export all the tracks to Auria.
5. I use Auria to overdub real instruments (guitars, vocals, piano etc.)
6. I mix in Auria, making use of the great plugins.
7. -->Mastering on Macbook Pro with Universal Audio Plugins.

The great thing about Virtual MIDI & Audiobus is, that it gives you the feeling of being in a big studio with a lot of gear (apps).
And you're free to wire them up any way you like, experiment and create great music. (wherever you are, with just headphones)
You can really make use of all the great apps that are out there, doing all the different things: creating, or transforming sound.
It's like sound LEGO with apps as bricks. The Ipad has recently become, an incredible creative environment for sound creation.

I also use Audioshare a lot.
Its a great Audiobrowser to manage all ur files and get them from one app into another.
And it also supports Audiobus.
So when i play around in an App and find some interesting sounds, i might just fire up Audioshare (not starting a complete project in cubasis) and record what i'm playing so i have it and can use it later.

Hope that clears this up a bit.
I really like the approach behind the retronym apps. They are well done and very good designed. But it feels to me like they are cut off from where the action is, because if you take music making music on the ipad seriously, you will most definetly be drawn to using something like cubasis/Auria and the "bus" and whatever supports it. To be creative, it's very important to have the freedom to use your gear as you wish, and i think the retronym apps are still missing out on this a little.

http://soundcloud.com/atomtwix/cubasis-sunrizer-konkreet

miguelmarcos

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 09:58:03 pm »
Apologies, I mentioned Audiobus in the Feature Request topic and just noticed this was here.

I think Audiobus would make iMini far more fantastic on iOS.

As far as favorite Audiobus tools: Multitrack DAW (I am tempted to get Cubasis),  Funkbox and DM1, DXi, Jamup Pro, the Korg goodies like the iPolysix, nLog, Magellan, Sunrizer, and the PPG apps. Adding iMini to the mix would be outstanding!

Johns

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 10:04:59 pm »
Hello Dan from retronyms
I'd like to be able to use imini without having to use tabletop.
...so I can record say into bm2 mtd or cubasis and also have midi in/out
function.
I've tried table top and don't like using it.
It produces artefacts and glitches in audio files that i copy and paste and is
A real pain to use.id prefer to use imini and impc without tabletop

When will it be possible to do this?
To the makers of imini.please make this a stand alone app that
Can be used with other apps like audiobus and can be
Controlled/sequenced with other daws.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 09:42:16 am by Johns »

ZenLizard

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 03:13:37 pm »
Thank you! iMini and Audiobus were meant for each other, so it's great to have it. Even though Tabletop has been much better behaved on my new iPad, it's still nice to have options :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:20:52 pm by ZenLizard »
In order for people to believe something, it doesn't have to be logical. It only has to sound that way.

Ats

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 07:03:26 pm »
I have been following this thread and others since imini came out and from the lack of response from Arturia  on the audiobus  and virtual midi requests and the only direct response on the audio bus question coming from Dan from  Retronyms (in the form of a survey) I can't help but think that Arturia  entered into a exclusive agreement with Retronyms and it is pretty much out of Their hands. I sincerely hope I'm wrong about that but I'm starting to feel I'm not. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Seriously there is no clear standard yet on IOS . Audiobus was a answer to many prayers but will that remain the standard? With the new arrival of JACK for IOS (free) the game could change once again.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:16:28 pm by Ats »

atomtwist

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 09:13:56 pm »
I just logged into the Appstore. Even Garageband supports Audiobus now. :o

Johns

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 04:10:40 pm »
Like a graveyard around here.
Please do yourself a favour
Dump tabletop
Add virtual midi
Add the audiobus sdk(now public)
And breath easy..
You know you want...
Peace an love

JKB

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 08:31:40 pm »
+1 on that!  ;D It wole be a no brainer for everyone wanting to make dope tracks!

djjnuiorpops

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 01:30:32 am »
+1 for AudioBus Support
+1 for Virtual Midi
Also the ability to see the notes played on you iPAD when you connect a external midi keyboard. This is a feature that all the other iOS synths have,AniMg and Megillan.
 Other than that nice App
 Keep the updates coming.

rofus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 11:29:14 pm »
Audiobus support!!

Now that also Garageband has Audiobus, your synth can be even the best in the world, it's just useless without Audiobus..

adjpro

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 12:04:48 am »
I need audiobus and midi, stop letting tabletop hold this great sounding app hostage. All the best apps are audiobus compatible and some considered professional, so decide whether u want this app to be professional or a tabletop toy?????!!!!!!

Ats

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2013, 05:57:18 pm »
Thank you Arturia for adding Audiobus and the features your customers asked for you guys rock!!!!!!!
Proves once and for all you are a truly professional company that cares! Can't wait to see what you guys have In store for IOS down the road. Well I'm off to start jamming on my iMini!!!!!! thank you guys again for your hard work!!!

Johns

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2013, 06:28:06 pm »
+1
Thanks again from a very happy ios music bunny.

adjpro

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 12:57:40 am »
Ok Kool audiobus working now fix virtual MIDI. This is the best sounding app, but the worst and slowest to implement standard features that even cheap apps have from start. I think the tabletop guys are holding their app hostage, why wouldn't they want to have the same features of korg , nlog, Magellan , sunriser, AniMg and countless others. I'll pay for the app again if they just do it right..

Dave Magoo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 01:08:13 am »
FreEWI running in the background will open up the possibilities !! :)

Enjoy.....

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines