March 28, 2024, 02:45:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Warning: Arturia won't take back a faulty Spark!?!  (Read 2319 times)

gcheliotis

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Warning: Arturia won't take back a faulty Spark!?!
« on: February 27, 2013, 03:07:03 pm »
Dear Spark users,

as a last resort I try to reach out to you in case someone here has had a similar experience. I ordered a Spark from Arturia's website almost a year ago, during Arturia's Hybrid Madness promotion, when the Spark came bundled with their v-collection. The Spark arrived with the FX pad busted and my download of their v-collection failed and the link to download from disappeared. So I was left with a faulty Spark and no v-collection :( I notified Arturia and after several emails got NOWHERE. The link was NEVER reinstated and they NEVER told me how to send my Spark back to be replaced. After an initial flurry of emails I gave up as I got really fed up with the support and sales staff not helping and I also had some personal health issues which prevented me from making music for a while. Now I feel better and I have been trying for the past month or so to get them to finally change my Spark and give me a download link for the v-collection again. After several emails I momentarily chanced upon the single helpful person at tech support, Rebecca, who gave me a link to download the v-collection and was finally good to go with that.

But not sales nor tech support (nor Rebecca) have provided me with any means to have the faulty Spark replaced! I was even asked to make a video of the issue, which I did and posted on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNBynzCSVJw. The reply was the same I had gotten before: "it is a hardware issue, return to your retailer". But I explained for the umpteenth time that I ordered the Spark directly from Arturia's website (no retailer carries it where I live) and it is thus their responsibility to replace my unit with a fully functioning one. Like before, as soon as they realise they'd have to replace my unit, all communication stops!!!! After regular email contact, nothing!!!! The same thing happens over and over again, I explain the issue (to whomever happens to be answering the tech support or sales queries, which is not always the same person), and then when they realise they actually need to do something about it on their side.... silence!!! It's like a black hole!

I have not had this kind of experience with any music company, or any company period. Has anyone here had a similar issue? Did you manage to get them to replace a Spark that you ordered directly from Arturia? Is there a single responsible and capable person in this company that will finally replace my Spark? It's been almost a year now! In one reply I received the Arturia staff member apologised profoundly for the delay, but as I said, again, nothing happened!

Thanks for reading, this really is my last attempt... if this fails I don't know what I will do, the least I can do I guess is to share my story of what a horrible customer service experience this has been. I don't see what else I can possibly do  >:( >:( >:(

George

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Warning: Arturia won't take back a faulty Spark!?!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 03:18:06 pm »
Hi George,
I am very sorry to read that. This is not acceptable at all and I will do my best to understand what went wrong in our process.
In the meantime, can you give me the support case number related to this problem?

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Dav1d

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 04:56:06 pm »
I already send you a Mail, to contact our distributor in Singapore.
My latest answer was a week ago and waiting for logistic issue.

Hope you can send the machine.

gcheliotis

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 06:56:27 am »
Just a short update to let anyone reading this know that after David's intervention I am in touch with the local distributor now to make the change through them. It seems they have the Spark on stock now and although I ordered from the Arturia website (because back when I ordered there were no units on sale where I live), they are willing to help replace the unit. Hopefully this will work out. I will keep you posted.

gcheliotis

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 06:39:49 pm »
Update: the kind folks at Valentine Music (who more recently took up the dealership for Arturia in my location) changed the faulty Spark to a new one. Tested it and it works (finally)!!! I guess my rant on the user forum did help after all. To be honest, although relieved, I don't know how to feel about this whole ordeal, it's been so long I've had to make do with a faulty unit and after so many failed communication attempts I had grown pretty sour of Arturia and especially its tech/sales support. I'm very happy to have finally a fully working unit in my hands, but I'd advise anyone reading this to think twice before ordering directly from Arturia's website. Support your local retailer instead, they will also act as a buffer between you and Arturia's severely lacking customer support. Of course one can only hope that this will improve over time, but I for one will be reluctant to purchase new Arturia products unless I hear news of build quality and customer support improving. Arturia has some great forward-thinking interface designers and developers, you can see that in their products, but supporting functions are well below par when compared to the competition. Anyway, thanks for finally resolving my issue guys :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines