March 28, 2024, 03:09:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi problems!  (Read 4247 times)

Wonkey Donkey

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Midi problems!
« on: February 21, 2013, 01:42:51 am »
Hello..

I'm currently having midi problems with my new Minibrute. When connected to Reaper the midi options that appear in preferences are:

"USB Audio Device"
"USB Audio Device [2]"

...although these non-specific connections are different to those illustrated in this thread:

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=12321.0

Regardless of this, I can't get any of these connections to send midi to the Minibrute (despite them appearing as being enabled).

As a secondary test I connected my midisport through the Minibrute's Midi IN (instead of the USB). Reaper now sends midi fine...BUT...the sound is completely different to that played manually on the Minibrute's keyboard!

Can anyone help?!! ???

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
Re: Midi problems!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 11:29:23 am »
I'm currently having midi problems with my new Minibrute. When connected to Reaper the midi options that appear in preferences are:

"USB Audio Device"
"USB Audio Device [2]"

...although these non-specific connections are different to those illustrated in this thread:

If you are under XP it's normal, only Vista and 7 can get the real name of a generic Midi device.

Regardless of this, I can't get any of these connections to send midi to the Minibrute (despite them appearing as being enabled).
notes sent to "USB Audio Device" should be play by the synth
notes sent to "USB Audio Device [2]" should be output on Midi Out connector.
If it does not work it's probably a matter of DAW settings.

As a secondary test I connected my midisport through the Minibrute's Midi IN (instead of the USB). Reaper now sends midi fine...BUT...the sound is completely different to that played manually on the Minibrute's keyboard!
What do you mean by "completely different"??

Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Wonkey Donkey

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 12:01:15 pm »

"USB Audio Device"
"USB Audio Device [2]"

If you are under XP it's normal, only Vista and 7 can get the real name of a generic Midi device.

Okay, that's good to know (I am on XP).

notes sent to "USB Audio Device" should be play by the synth
notes sent to "USB Audio Device [2]" should be output on Midi Out connector.
If it does not work it's probably a matter of DAW settings.

I tried a number of different alternatives in the Reaper settings in both the midi in and out preferences (disabling and enabling them respectively), which is why I was concerned there may be a problem with the hardware and used the midi sport (which did (partly) work). I can go back and try again but do fear it won't work at all..

What do you mean by "completely different"??

The Minibrute is set on the lowest octave. When I manually play on the keyboard it sounds like a nice bass patch (with the audio routed into my DAW) but when Reaper sends midi to the Minibrute it doesn't play back the same bass sound (it's sounds like it's in a different octave or something, although there may be more different to it than that).

Thanks in advance..

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 01:45:46 pm »
The Minibrute is set on the lowest octave. When I manually play on the keyboard it sounds like a nice bass patch (with the audio routed into my DAW) but when Reaper sends midi to the Minibrute it doesn't play back the same bass sound (it's sounds like it's in a different octave or something, although there may be more different to it than that).

I guess you are running frimawre version 1.0.1
please get and install the latest, available from this topic:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=12334.0

It will fix the octave issue, by the way if you able to update that will mean your USB hardware is fine.
Let me know
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Wonkey Donkey

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 02:15:17 pm »
Yep...running 1.0.1 - will update to the new version and see if that fixes it (my computer definately recognises the Minibrute when I plug it in).

Thanks for all your help, will let you know how I get on.

Wonkey Donkey

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 10:42:11 am »
Thanks again Bruno - everything is sorted now.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines