March 19, 2024, 10:22:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: black keys?  (Read 2678 times)

maddutchman

black keys?
« on: February 16, 2013, 01:47:32 pm »
Hey Team,

I'd purchased the minibrute before having a chance to test drive it ( based on the hype alone!!), waited the 6 months for delivery on a pre-order, and finally have it in my hot little hands!!
I've been a user/collector of analog polysynths and monosynths for a long time, so I'm familiar with build quality vs what to expect for your dollar.
True the sliders and pots arent built like the old tanks of days of old, but for the price ....
I'm excited of the features and possibilities of the synth, but one thing left me feeling a little short changed I guess was the amount of sideways play and movement on the black keys.
They feel as if they are apt to wobble or pop right out of their placement. I'm not being rough by any means, but I'm afraid that this really isnt a gig worthy synth if there's a danger of the thing falling apart so readily.
I assume the build quality is the same on all the minibrutes ( i'm not 100% sure as this is the first I've played) Is anyone else having the same concerns?

« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 02:01:40 pm by maddutchman »

zedius

Re: black keys?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 05:12:10 pm »
This is the first real build quality issue I noticed as well. It's the only aspect of the thing that really feels cheap to me. That said, it seems to be due to the way the keys are held in place, and not flexing plastic or anything more sinister. I have yet to hear of a keyboard failure and the keyboard is a pleasure to play. As long as I don't actively mess with the side to side play of the black keys, I never notice it.

tertior

Re: black keys?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 07:34:50 pm »
the capacitors will be  out  off before the keys,of course if you don't play like Beethoven 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines