March 28, 2024, 12:48:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Metalizer Modulation  (Read 4335 times)

Rubbercitynoise

Metalizer Modulation
« on: January 09, 2013, 04:02:10 am »
I noticed that modulation of the metalizer from both the LFO and envelope does not have an effect unless the metalizer is turned up about 10%. Is this normal, or should I be able to modulate the triangle wave without having to turn up the metalizer?

stevism

• Beta-testers
Re: Metalizer Modulation
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 08:47:29 am »
i think it's normal, as that's how it is on my unit as well.

if you think about it...you are modulating the amount of metalizer, not the triangle wave itself...triangle wave is being modulated by the metalizer function

so the envelope can't effect the triangle wave if it doesn't have something to affect first (the metalizer)

hope that's right / makes sense....

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 09:06:04 am »
Hi,
it's normal. when you trun the knob it both increase the amount of metalizer, "dry/wet" between triangle and metalized sound. So at min, you only have a triangle. When you increase, you slowly add more metalizer sound, remove triangle, and increase the amount of metalization. at max only metalized sound with full amount of metalizer.
I hope I'm understandable?  :)

bruno
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

Rubbercitynoise

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 04:55:05 pm »
This is what I thought, Just wanted to double check! Not a problem, it sounds fantastic. I have a wave folder on my modular that works this way, but I just wanted to make sure because it didn't mention it in the manual.

dalasv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 02:37:16 am »
Interesting. Does the LFO/envelope modulate the "dry/wet" amount or some other parameter of the Metalizer?

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 10:59:05 am »
not LFO and env does not change the dry/wet, only the amount a metalization in metalized sound. That why LFO changes nothing with knob at min.
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

dalasv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 01:20:26 am »
That's good to know. I wasn't thinking of it in those terms. I bet it's in the manual I haven't fully read yet  ;D

Bruno@arturia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 10:09:06 am »
I bet it's in the manual I haven't fully read yet  ;D
you'll be spanked for it  ;D
Bruno
Arturia Hardware

leighmarble

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 01:02:07 am »
This is what I thought, Just wanted to double check! Not a problem, it sounds fantastic. I have a wave folder on my modular that works this way, but I just wanted to make sure because it didn't mention it in the manual.

Thanks for asking this, I just joined the forums to get an answer to this same question. Bruno's answer makes perfect sense.

I did read the manual, and no, it does not explain the dual wet/dry mix + metalizer-amount function of the Metalizer knob.

cheers,
Leigh

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines