The "coarse knob" is a potentiometer, not an encoder. Potentiometers are handled in a different way than the encoders.
I have checked here on 2 different machines and could not reproduce your problem. Maybe this is related to this specific potentiometer? Could you tell me if this happens on a specific preset?
Also Could you check the behaviour of the other potentiometers?
Here is a list of all potentiometers on the Origin control surface and the values you should read fully counterclockwise and fully clockwise (when loading a simple preset such as the one you get at Preset/New/Simple Program):
- Input Level: 0.000 / 1.000
- Master Level: 0.000 / 1.000
- Headphones Level: 0.000 / 1.000
- OSC Frequency: -24 / 24
- OSC Tune: -50 / +50
- FILTER Cutoff: 8.300 / 17070
- FILTER Resonance: 0.000 / 2.900
- LFO Frequency: 0.042 / 32.89
- ENV Attack, Decay, Release, Pre-Decay Time: 0.000 / 13.80
- ENV Sustain, Pre-Decay Level: 0.000 / 1.000
- MIXER Volume: -112.000 / -0.000
- EFFECTS Return: 0 / 100