March 19, 2024, 03:59:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark Hardware Controller - Pre Set Scrolling  (Read 4104 times)

fella

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Spark Hardware Controller - Pre Set Scrolling
« on: February 04, 2013, 04:18:52 am »
Hello, can someone please tell me if you can run through the presets with using just the controller? Also, Is there a way to assign the filter or any other effect besides the roller, to a single channel/pad? I don't want the effect going over the whole song. Any help on this would be great!!  thanks

stevism

• Beta-testers
Re: Spark Hardware Controller - Pre Set Scrolling
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 06:29:38 am »
hold down the big knob with the A on it in the top right hand corner ... it will change modes and allow you to start flipping through projects instead of each instrument

don't know about the roller honestly, i think that is stuck as it is. you could set one of the three knobs (above the pad) to the filter value, by holding "select" and then scrolling the knob you want to change until you get the parameter you want on it

fella

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 06:21:50 pm »
Thanks, but that just changes the kit or the instrument it doesn't change the preset, I know that that you can change the kit or change the instrument by holding down the Knob with the big A on it switching between the two.
I just want to run through the presets with the controller.. i guess theres no way to do that with the controller (silly)
and just so i have this correct, I cannot have the Fx pad assigned to just one sound,ie the the filter section or the slicer, I have to have it going over the whole project?
I guess only the roller works on individual sounds..

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 11:37:49 pm »
what do you mean the presets? you mean the "projects?"

there's a way to change the jog mode from "kit" to "project"

i forget how though because i did it almost immediately after getting the spark and never looked back

"and just so i have this correct, I cannot have the Fx pad assigned to just one sound,ie the the filter section or the slicer, I have to have it going over the whole project?"

no, that's exactly what the roller is intended to do...you just keep pressing roller until it says what you want to change (filter, aux send, etc) and it will only effect the selected instrument...otherwise no. but not sure if you are aware the the roller can control the filter and such

have you read through the manual?

fella

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 02:26:45 am »
Sorry I mean projects. I just read the 1.5 new features and saw about the rollers functions and thats exactly what i was looking for. I also came across switching projects with the jog wheel.. first you have to set it up in the prefs to be able to do that .

Thanks for your help and time!!

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 02:30:27 am »
awesome, glad you got it! 

enjoy! :)

fella

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 05:09:18 am »
ya, I wish it worked a bit different tho, to do with the fx roller section anyway. i wish it wouldn't do cut off and res together or send to both aux  at the same time .  Plus, i still cant figure out how to enter latch mode using the controller ..  i know you right click on the software to enter latch mode and the roller button will blink stating that ur in latch mode, but i cant figure it on the hardware.

Do you know how to enter latch mode from the controller?

thanks

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 01:45:06 pm »
yeah but i think it's a good compromise

think of the fx pad as an x/y grid...so try to find where your bd doesnt sound different for at all when your finger is on it (for cutoff / res) then only move in straight lines from there. annoying but doable

hardware, to enter latch mode, you hold "select" then hit the button you want to go into latch (filter, slicer, or roller)

fella

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 06:55:00 pm »
Thanks so much man, really appreciate all the help!

stevism

• Beta-testers
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 07:14:56 pm »
sure, np!

;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines