March 28, 2024, 01:59:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: rename and reorganize presets on Origin Connection  (Read 3092 times)

kadolodai

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • The Caramel Incident
rename and reorganize presets on Origin Connection
« on: January 28, 2013, 02:03:34 pm »
Hi folks,

just a little question, can we rename and reorganize presets on Origin Connection ? (I don't find how)
It's difficult to manage presets directly on the origin (too long to write, too hard to change the order).

so I want to clean up the mess on my presets.

thx
Nico ;D

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Re: rename and reorganize presets on Origin Connection
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 03:07:14 pm »
1+

Whole thing with managing presets would need lot of improving. For example, you should be able to move some preset to another location without disturbing multis which use this preset. With current system everything gets messy very easily. Also checking some sound bank (especially sounds with sequences) can be quite hard if your Origin is already full of stuff. You need make space for new sounds and then remember to erase those presets that wasn't for you. If you aren't very careful you'll soon have quite messy Origin (mine - which is btw still under repair process after 3 months! :( - is like that). And then if you wanna clean it up, it's painful process of moving programs, sequences and taking care of multis....

I can see that there are some users that would like to have more modules etc. and they aren't that much after better computer integration. Some of them don't even use computer at all. IMO this part of use is one of the most important thing to fix ASAP. I think it's something which could perhaps be done without touching Origin firmware? It's about improving Origin connection app.

tertior

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 08:08:52 pm »
For rename it in Origine connection you can't; you must do it before.
For reorganize you open the tab Origin in the left window and you can drop preset in the right window of origin connection; after delete the double. and load multi before progam in one bank.

kadolodai

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • The Caramel Incident
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 09:44:17 am »
thx

@ tertior, I have seen that before, but I hoped there is a better solution.

- a feature like : up and down function for move for the presets directly on the origin would be easy to implement and very ergonomic. (don't you think Phil ?). with that you could reorder presets easily...

@Jackson, I agree, we need a count of instance of a preset used in multis (easy to do too...), maybe a link to jump to the list of multis witch contain this preset...
Also, It would be useful to can use a preset when you edit your banks on Origin Connection, just for ear the preset before trash it :..(

so, I add reorder (drag and drop) and rename at my wish list ... my big wish list ;)
with others features :D...
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=4890.0

see ya
Nico

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines