March 28, 2024, 06:33:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: LFO Midi sync issue  (Read 2960 times)

ortazel

LFO Midi sync issue
« on: January 26, 2013, 11:39:13 pm »
I'm having an issue with syncing the LFO to an external MIDI clock. The arp syncs great, but the LFO sounds like it is stepping on all waveforms- it's most obvious if you set a square LFO to modulate the filter, instead of two distinct filter settings you hear a ripping sound as it steps in between the two levels. The LFO rate knob sounds like it is trying to switch between 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 etc, but you can't really tell because the stepping is so bad.
LFO sync to the internal arp clock or USB MIDI sounds nice and smooth and all functionality works fine, it just happens with hardware MIDI, firmware 1.01 and 1.02
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:53:02 am by ortazel »

Chi

Re: LFO Midi sync issue
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 05:34:59 pm »
Having the same experience here too on the Minibrute SE!

The LFO rate responds smoothly to changes when not synced whereas when synced it steps through and causes a nasty artifact when changing values!?

Anyone else have this too?

bloke_zero

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 01:58:45 pm »
Hooked up to an MPC I'm not hearing that, seems pretty smooth here.  I'd suspect the quality of the MIDI clock if it's from a computer.

Chi

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 02:47:05 pm »
Hmm, I was using an MPC too, guess thats just more confirmation that something was faulty with my particular MB SE.

So just to confirm - when you sync your MB to the MPC and adjust the LFO rate (when mode is not set to free) it changes values smoothly and in a musical way without any glitch or popping sounds??

On mine it definitely does not happen musically - sounds to me like it happens because the change is instant, mid lfo cycle instead of waiting for the lfo cycle to complete before changing divisions.

bloke_zero

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 03:34:34 pm »
Ok, I'm listening closely and I understand better what you're saying now.  If I have a low BPM and slowly turn the rate knob in sequence mode I can sometimes hear the LFO glitch - it sounds like its wavering briefly between tempo divisions.  This happens about 1 in 10-20 times while I'm trying to make it happen but generally it sounds how I would expect.

Chi

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2015, 06:13:48 pm »
It sounds like its much worse on mine.  I get the "inbetween divisions" too, mainly at around 3-4'o'clock, but the other glitching happens almost every time I make an adjustment.  I have just recieved word back from support.  They said :

"For unknown reason your message has just sorted out from our tracker these days, among a few other outdated ones...We are currently investigating the cause of such issue.

the audio chain that can implies these glitches is really complex and cannot be repaired online easily.

The best is to return it to the shop where you bought it."

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines